1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Semifinals: (2) Oklahoma City vs. (3) LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 4, 2014.

?

(2) Oklahoma City vs. (3) LA Clippers

Poll closed May 6, 2014.
  1. Thunder in 4

1.4%
  2. Thunder in 5

2.9%
  3. Thunder in 6

20.0%
  4. Thunder in 7

24.3%
  5. Clippers in 7

20.0%
  6. Clippers in 6

28.6%
  7. Clippers in 5

1.4%
  8. Clippers in 4

1.4%
  1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I am *****ing sick to death of the officiating in these Playoffs.

It has turned into an absolute laughing stock.

Surely the NCAA officials would do a noticeably better job then the trash trotted out for these games.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They want the Clippers out. They got that game with the "moving screens".

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

* they got jobbed*

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

My contribution to the final couple of plays...

[​IMG]

Clippers choked & had some bonehead plays down the stretch, but that doesn't excuse the inept officiating that took place in the final minutes.

The Clippers got the 'Rockets' treatment down the stretch...

That Asik type moving screen call on DeAndre Jordan, the Dwight style out of bounds debacle, the 'Phantom' foul that Westbrook got, then the 'Harden like' no call on Chris Paul when Reggie Jackson hit him on the elbow helping to dislodge the ball...

Lol, the Clippers might be the other team that will get 2 official apologies from NBA.

NBA probably can't have Donald Sterling's name associated with a team either in, or winning the NBA Finals. It would make it harder to force him to give up a team he took from the laughing stock of the NBA to Championship contender.

The sale price would also go up if Clippers were able to win it all.

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I love how the possession IMMEDIATELY following Jordan's foul out on an illegal pick.

Kendrick Perkins sets one blatant illegal pick, and a second dubious one moments later.

Resulting in no calls.

6. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

this is why college basketball has better officiating...theres tooo much politics involved when technology could solve everything.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The nba is a joke. It feels scripted. Maybe morey keeping Mchale is a sign to us saying this. Maybe he is too clever for his own good.

8. BinBinRingRing

Wish Clippers out the sooner the better.

9. roksoer

roksoer Member

Lol giving CP the TMac treatment.

Whoever decided that there should be more fouls called on 3 pointers ruined the 2014 playoffs, plain and simple.

I don't even know why people are complaining about the out of bounds play on Jackson, that was the right call, it wasn't technically the correct call but it was the right call to make since there was a clear foul on Jackson.

The most controversial thing in this game was CP3s foul on WBs 3 pointer. There is no way in hell that should've been called a foul. Absolutely nothing there. Completely changes the outcome of the series. Quite possibly one of the most blatant screwups by the refs of all time.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol at blaming the refs

cpchoke gonna cpchoke

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I like how people are posting pictures of one frame to "disprove" the fact that CP3 fouled Westbrook on that three.

[​IMG]

He did tap the elbow

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Btw similarly CP3 fouled Curry on a potential game winner and got away with it, I am GLAD they called this one.

13. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

Cp did get under him. Thats a foul even if hand wasnt.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That was a foul.

The difference between the game against Curry was that he got away with it.

This time he did not. More often than not Paul gets away with those hacks.

I think clippers are shocked that they actually called it on him.

15. MONON

MONON Member

LOL! They might become the only team that gets 2 official apologies from the NBA for ONE game!:grin:

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Was watching the game with my buddy past night (a rockets fan) and we were talking about how if that was Lin who lost the ball, not CP3, he'd get crucified but since it's CP3 the natural reaction is 'the ball just slipped'.. lol

Actually three bad plays by Paul. Turnover and steal by Westbrook, Foul on 3 pter, lose ball on final possession. Imagine instead that was Lin for a second, wow... haha

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Disagree. CP3 jumped straight up and down. Westbrook jumped forward. Look at their feet.

18. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I have no problem with the call. It doesn't matter refs made a mistake in the previous games. This is the right call for this game.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's actually how it is called a lot (giving you the ball when I didn't call the foul). It's the same way for calling a late foul if you missed the shot but ignoring it if you make it. Doc sounds dumb saying "I know my guy fouled him and they missed it, so since you missed it and can't review it give us the ball on the call you can review". It was the same damn play. Doc wanted possession. You acknowledge that your man clearly fouled him, so how can you cry about not getting the ball. Stop crying.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Missing a foul call is not setting a precedent. So should the league let everyone bearhug players like Howard got fouled at the end of our Portland game because they blew the call at that moment, or should a different set of refs call a clear foul when there is a clear foul? CP3 hit his elbow. That's a clear foul. Just because they let him do it to Curry doesn't mean he can keep fouling 3-point shooters at the end of games.

#840 Icehouse, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014