1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Jackson as possible assistant coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets2012, May 6, 2014.

1. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Why Mark Jackson as an assistant? Why not head coach? The report that claimed the Rockets brass said they'd keep McHale came out BEFORE Jackson's firing? I mean, this is how we got James Harden! He may not pull the trigger, but I do think Morey will look into the idea of bringing in Mark Jackson to replace Kevin McHale.. After all.. we talk about Dwight coming here because of Kevin... wasn't part of Golden State's pitch to Dwight about Mark Jackson?

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I would take Mark Jackson over McHale, but Dwight won't be happy.

3. torocan

torocan Member

The idea that coaches like McHales can keep their job while coaches like Marc Jackson can't leaves me feeling queasy...

4. AliefRockets713

Why would he want to be an assistant when he can be a head coach somewhere else.

5. Hmm

Hmm Member

It IS peculiar, isn't it...?

The difference is McHale has the right connections within the organization... and Mark Jackson doesn't...

6. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Mark Jackson is a black Kevin McHale. Dude is everything McHale brings and doesn't bring.

Motivation, leadership, intangibles and absolutely no ability to get into the X's and O's. He would be a terrible addition.

7. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

It's actually pretty funny. Their strengths are at PG and PF, and he still couldn't get the job done.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No, I don't want to see his penis.

9. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

Yeah no. The problem is they have no coaching experience. I don't know why these teams hired people like McHale and Jackson. If all else fails in a game situation and you know jack **** about X's and O's, at least you have experience to fall back on, whether previously as an assistant or a head coach.

We need to look at solid assistants from other organizations that have actually been around coaches. Even if they were with ****ty coaches they will at least remember in the back of their head, "I probably don't want to do this when I'm a coach".

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...-pressures-on-the-warriors-now-that-hes-gone/

this is the interview Marck Jackson made after the firing.

You can clearly feel the ignorant and classless act from his words.

Just remember this : at that game last year when the Rockets had a chance to break the all time 3 pt record in a game, Jackson ordered Green to foul Bev on his neck while he was attempting a 3 pter, and his explanation after the game : I am an old school coach and will not allow that happens.

Old school my ass when you do not play any D for the first 20+ 3 pt but choose a flagrant foul at the end.

11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

no to mark jackson..

12. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Wait, what did you have problem with in article?

13. calcium

calcium Member

Therein lies the dilemma. Very nice guy but not so good coach or a-hole guy but better coach.

I'd go the latter. Just dont hang out with the guy.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Mark Jackson would be just about the worst possible hire for the Rockets as an assistant coach. First, he has no desire to be an assistant, he wants to run the show. Second, he is a huge a$$hole that is mediocre at X's and O's... not to mention his inability to work with his own assistants and front office.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

LOL. Dude is another McHale. Just what we need.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

If Vogel is fired after their 2nd round exit, now THAT would be someone worth getting considering our defense issues.

17. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

omg

Mark Jackson + McHale would be the hardest thing to watch ever. Dumb and Dumber x100

18. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Heck no. Give me Stan or Jeff. Now that would be a coup.