1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Game 7 thread...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, May 4, 2014.

1. Progs

Progs Member

It still hurts :(

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there's only 2 things in this world……winning & misery

3. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

even despite the crazy competitiveness of the playoffs....we are really the only team that was a clear favorite not to advance. even worse that we couldn't get to a game 7 even...

SA is crushing dallas right now. okc won, indy ended up winning. clips still won. imo the nets were the favorites over the raptors and they won. chicago/washington was a 50/50 series.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

5. Dogtag

Dogtag Member

nah bulls are more favored before the series starts everyone pick them lol:p

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

We had a 2 pt lead with 0.9 seconds left, I'm pretty sure we won. Might want to check TNT should be on at 8:30.

7. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

mna..this hurts. It doidnt hit me til today. I was just numb...but we shoulda been playing game 7 at 3:30.

**** Mchale. We cannot bring him back

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Really sucks. I truly believe we'd be headed to the next round by now.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

pshh rockets had countless double digit leads. im sure they were able to hold onto one of them. i'll be ordering my pizza with wings and beer tonight. im ready for game 7, LETS DO THIS!

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

Didn't the Rockets have a heartbreaking series against the Sonics in '93? What happened the next year? ;)

11. jdhu

jdhu Member

so devastating, so close. Nothing to watch and record tonight

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Don't even go there. That Rockets team won their first round series against the Clippers(barely, but they won). And that series with the Sonics was a war that went down to the final seconds of OT in Game 7.

That whole experience laid the groundwork for the following season. They learned that homecourt was so valuable(after blowing it in the last 2 games of the regular season) and proceeded to finish with the 2nd best record in the NBA. They learned that defense wins championships(after being up 93-91 in the final seconds against Seattle and giving up a Ricky Pierce jumper for the tie) and added Elie in the offseason and built their team around stopping the opponent instead of just outscoring them. And they also understood that Sleepy Floyd and Scotty Brooks were not adequate backups for Kenny Smith and drafted Sam Cassell(although no one knew he'd be THAT good).

The 2013-14 Rockets didn't look to me like they learned much other than what it's like to have your heart ripped out and stomped on. Instead of a valuable 2nd round experience, they're home in early May yet again. And the first major decision facing the front office this offseason(the head coach) they decided to punt on.

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

Yeah but we do have a great thread about the Blazers' party.

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Still can't get over it, man it sucks.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

But we have Jerry Lin and Milk Hair. Of course there's a game 7.

16. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

one second. one damn second. actually less than second. .9 of a second. .9 of a damn second

God damn that hurt :(

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

hmm, thats weird. game isnt on yet. must be a prime time slot. im good with that.

18. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

We were stuck on 666 views, I came in to make it 667. We've suffered enough.

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

We so should have been playing today. It hurts more today than it did friday. I still havent watched the playoffs since that game except for a few seconds before changing the channel. **** man.

20. afk

afk Member

It's like getting that "It's HAPPENING" feeling, only taken away after .9 seconds. :(