1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Troy Daniels still hasn't shot under 50% from 3PT land

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justbuckets, May 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

already better defensively than Canaan which is a surprise

2. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Agree with the above poster about his slow rotations. That being said, it's on McHale to offset his weaknesses on defense by having him shoot more 3's. Daniels is out there for his offense, but if we refuse to use him, we're just killing ourselves on the other end. You could see them run 2-3 plays where he came off two screens on the baseline. One of them led to his only three of the night, while the other two were well covered and led to entry passes to Dwight.

I think that a) we should run more of these plays instead of just dumping to Dwight from the PG spot, and b) his teammates need to be more aware of his location on the court when he's in and then create situations that forces his defender to choose between a Daniels 3 and playing help defense.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He's had some bad moments. But usually you don't notice him in the defensive plays which is usually a good sign. Id like to see him get more shots.

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Excited to see Covington and Canaan play more next year too.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

his form is just rediculous.

He's been doing this his whole life, shoot the lights out, is he on one of the typical 4 year Morey contracts?

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I imagine that if he has any handles, that he can be a pretty good NBA player. Players will absolutely bite on his pump fake, which will allow him to get closer to the hoop.

Steal. Good job Morey.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The only thing that concerns me is the D-League commentators that were happy that Canaan was sent back rather than Daniels. Basically said Daniels shoots you out of a lot of games.

It wouldn't be that big of a concern here, considering he doesn't get more than 5 shots a game; but its still a bit worrying. Looks like if his shot is not falling he contributes nothing else.

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Both Lin and Harden can drive and kick to Daniels, or Howard passes out from the post when double teamed.

Daniels was the only one who would move to get open looks.

Lin has passed to Daniels from a very difficult angle, resulting in the game changing three Daniels made in Game 3.

Has any one seen a pass to Daniels from Harden yet?

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden hit him with a pass in the overtime of game 4 that resulted in a corner 3.

10. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Thanks.

It's important that our ball handlers find him. Most of his assists have been from Lin and Beverley.

11. Diablo

Diablo Member

Do you not watch the games? They did this several times this series and the Blazers defended it

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Game 5--His only 3pt make was a Harden assist. In fact. Harden called for the play. Troy was at the right corner while TJones was on the left. Harden motioned for Troy to run the baseline and exchange places with Tjones. With Lillard trailing, Troy got a little bit of opening to receive the pass and rise up for the swish.

I read a tweet from basketballmechanics that the hop that Troy uses to receive the pass enables him to jump quickly into the shot. The hop generates energy for his shot.