1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Rockets are very much still in this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 29, 2014.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Usually, people driving to the hoop for buckets opens up their shooting. But, for Harden, I think his shooting opens up his confidence to drive with the purpose of finishing. Since Harden's 3-point shooting has been off, I would like to see the Rockets run Harden some PnRs where he pulls up for open 18-20 ft jumpers in Game 6. Or, let him go a couple of plays taking Matthews with quick, deliberate step-back jumpers. That should get his confidence going and his efficiency as well. The problem with Harden right now is that he's playing so tentatively, that it's throwing him off as well as everyone playing around him. He's not the best team player on offense, unless he has it rolling. I think this would be the best way to get him rolling.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I believe if we win the game tomorrow, there is no way we will lose at home. There is just too much at stake. This team will not lose when there is too much at stake. I think the 2 games that we lost at home was a fluke...simply because Harden was playing out of character. He was not just terrible..he was horrendous. And we should have won both games in Portland but it is what it is. What i am saying is...this series should have been over 4-1 in favor of us if everything i said above went our way.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The talent is clearly there. Harden should be coming back to his norm. My biggest concern is our head coach gets out-smarted by opposing HCs.

The way to finals is not just a competition of the players.

4. GMNot

GMNot Member

IF... you can find lots of commentary about the importance of that word. Ditto for woulda, coulda, shoulda. These words can have worth IF they lead to corrective behavior.

They have the opportunity to improve on mistakes with every victory.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

In all 4 wins over Houston this season, Aldridge has had 29 or more points, and shot over 50% from the field.

In all 5 losses to Houston this season, Aldridge has had 28 or fewer points, and shot under 50% from the field.

As Aldridge goes, so goes the team.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Rockets have won 5 games and the Blazers have won four(3-1 houston for the regular season, and 3-2 Blazers for the postseason)

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Yes, lol....

And it would seem the key is stopping Lamarcus Aldridge from hurting you.