1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

calling on CC.NET's awesome power and influence (re: '95 rox)...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Hey Now!, May 28, 2003.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

(i posted this in the rocket forum, but thought i could attract even more people by reposting it here...):

this morning on THE TICKET here in dallas, hosts dunham and miller were discussing whether this year's eventual NBA champ would be considered a great team. craig (he's the miller component) said no, and that it'd be the first non-great NBA champ since the, drum roll, please... '95 rockets. now, had he a) said the '94 rockets, i probably could've swallowed that, but he didn't -- he said '95 (his reason? they only won 45 games); b) he included the '99 spurs among the great champions list (the reason: not said, but unspoken -- he's a HUGE spurs homer).

his email address follows, if you'd like to contact him -- i think we need to summon the power of this forum and, as russell crow once said, unleash holy hell on him. he's big time anti-houston -- always has been. but first a few ground rules:

1. keep it SHORT and SIMPLE: they beat 3 60-win teams; won two elimination games on the road; beat, in their prime, STOCKTON/MALONE, BARKLEY, emasculated MVP ROBINSON (let robinson really have it -- again, he's a spurs fan) and a young, athletic SHAQ. that evidence is overwhelming, so stick to that. "how can a team that did that not be great?"

2. keep it civil: the hosts are nicknamed the gentle musers for a reason; confrontation is not their forte. for once, your mom's old adage about attracting flies with honey, not vinegar, becomes useful. i promise, he'll tune your email out if it's mean or vindictive.

3. be funny, if possible -- he'll respond to that.

4. the gloves are off with the spurs -- i wouldn't waste too much time ripping the '99 spurs, but what hakeem did to robinson in '95 is fair game, and likely a reason behind his dismissal of the rox.

5. spell check. he has an anti-houston bias -- don't send juvenile crap that sounds like it's written by a 13-year old, giving him more ammo. proofread, please. let's present a distinguished front.

OK, here's the email: JuniorMiller@mindspring.com. i guess we can post any responses here, huh?

2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

You probably should have put this in the Rockets Forum.

;)

WRONG FORUM!