1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans leaving early

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SacTown, Apr 21, 2014.

1. craxkz

craxkz Member

I got home at 12:45 and I had to get up for work at 2am ..

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Oh, you are a real G. There is no way.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There were about 90 fouls called and 3,202 whistles, hence the extra hour.

I agree that the start time was late, too. I'm assuming it's so they can pull a double-header on TNT. Shouldn't be a problem in the later rounds as much.

4. napalm06

True warrior!

That's rough - but then you realize there are 365 days in a year and a Rockets NBA playoff home game doesn't happen in all of them. Sleep will come tomorrow.

Anyone who buys a ticket should understand this on some level...

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The people who whine about this are more annoying than the people who leave early.

This isn't a high school or college game, people attending have lives outside of their undying support for the team. Families, careers, mortgages, etc. No shame in those things taking priority over Game 1 of a 1st round playoff matchup.

6. napalm06

I resent people whining that I'm whining!

I just have to wonder why the people who left early bought tickets. When I'm faced with the decision of being tired at work or missing a playoff game, I'd at least compromise by watching at home so I don't miss anything. But I guess they reserve the right to spend their money however they like.

As a fan, I reserve the right to be disappointed when the intensity/volume drops during key moments of the game.

Moving on...

7. ima_drummer2k

They probably didn't plan on the game being over 4 hours long.

How do you know these people didn't immediately turn on their radios when they got in their cars? I'll bet 99.9% of them did just that.

I applaud your fandom, don't get me wrong. It's just that different people have different situations and different reasons for having to leave early.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not only did I not leave the game early, but I was able to withstand my wife groaning every time a foul or timeout happened without saying anything I would immediately regret.

And yeah, to be honest, I was a little peeved when I saw people pouring out of their seats at the end of regulation, but I understood why they would do so. Work, family, driving, etc.

However, after leaving sporting events early twice in my life, I personally will never do so again. Once was on Sept. 28 2003 when the Texans played the Jaguars, and the other time was a Rockets vs Spurs game on Dec. 9 2004. So yeah, after those two incidents, I won't leave early again. Ever.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

If you buy a ticket you can do with it as you damn well please. Arrive early, arrive late, leave early, or stay until the end. Not sure why people are so concerned about what other people want or need to do. Bigger things to worry about.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

If they didn't expect OT then they don't know much about basketball, half the playoff games are going to be 4 hours long... I didn't get home till about 1:15 but I'm never in bed that early anyways.

11. napalm06

No way. That's awesome, yet very sad at the same time.

12. napalm06

I'm sure they did. People don't need to rationalize anything to me.

I just want a loud building! It's the playoffs. Everyone can take their normal life and go stick it somewhere else! :cool:

13. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

It's a long drive back to the Woodlands, Kingwood, and Sugarland. You don't want the blue bloods to be too tired the next day at work, do you?

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oh, it's true. He was starting his 3-point barrage as we were walking out of the arena. I could hear the crowd getting more and more into it. By the time we got to the car and turned on the radio, it was just a few seconds after the final buzzer had sounded. The announcers were flipping their s*** and I wanted to die.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Fans's leaving early resulted in a loss? What is a point to blame the fans? Are you in the game by spending $100 to support the team?

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

being loud is overrated in a basketball game anyways, at this point, players know where their teammates should be and what plays to run. being loud in football pre-snap when the opponent is trying to hike the ball is a different animal though.

I did stay throughout the whole game tho and was on my feet the last 2 minutes of regulation and all of OT.

17. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Honestly, a lot of them didn't leave. There was a HUGE rush to the bathroom. And for some odd reason, the time in between quarters seemed MUCH shorter. I jumped up as soon as the regulation time ended figuring I'd be able to take a quick leak and be back before anything started. Everyone else seemed to have the same idea...

Also, and it pains me to say this...it was a Sunday night game and people have jobs. No matter what you say or how you feel, it doesn't matter to your boss. It was nearly midnight before the game went in to OT, and with traffic, some people wouldn't get home till after 2.

But like I said, a lot of people came back, there was just a crazy rush to the bathroom after regulation.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I was at the game and it didn't seem like many people left. The crowd was really into the game the whole time.

19. thursdays

thursdays Member

I had great tickets and I stayed throughout, but my friend had to leave because they had a babysitter and had to get back before midnight.

This isn't like Miami where people were leaving in the third quarter at 7:30 pm.

20. ima_drummer2k

Don't forget it was Easter. Lot's of people probably had family stuff going on all day and came straight to the game.