1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 4/6/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2014.

1. split41

split41 Member

Harden so clutch. I orgasmed when he hit that 3

1 person likes this.
  2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Or you could just put them on your Ignore List and not see any of their posts like me.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't recall many games like this.... down, then up, then down, back up. Win in overtime.

Wow. Great win.

Harden's shot was off most of the game, but he took over in the final minutes... superstar style. His 3 to force OT (same vs POR) were epic. Great shots. CLUTCH-city!!

Asik was awesome inside. His steal-3pt play ignited us.

Wasn't pretty, but great game. Good win.

4. quizone

quizone Member

nba green week

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I bet a lot of teams are kicking themselves in the butt for not trying harder to pry Asik from us. He is showing the league he is still one of the top defensive players.

6. yummyhawtsauce

agreed. asikd fault for being injured so long ;)

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great makes him easier to trade this summer.

:)

DD

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I had a real good feeling he would hit that 3 if given the chance. Right after the Foye missed free throw when Harden rebounded the ball and called a time out, he shot it in like a practice shot to get rhythm for the 3.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Great comeback win.

Mvp: Asik

Clutchness: Harden

Lin played a dam good game.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

That's not the point I'm making.

McGrady had his best Rockets scoring season at 25 years of age (his first season here).
    He scored 25.7ppg [43% from the field, 32% 3s]

Harden, in his first season as a Rocket, was 23 years of age
    He scored 25.9ppg [44% from the field, 37% 3s]

McGrady had just 2 seasons where he scored more than Harden's 25.9ppg, those were 2 years in Orlando where he averaged 23.8 shots per game. [Harden's high is 17.1. McGrady was over 20 attempts every year except his last as a Rocket] Worth noting that even with 'supercoach' Doc Rivers, McGrady only managed to go 63-101 when he was launching everything in sight.
    No doubt McGrady was a nice talent, but Harden has been to the playoffs every season of his career, is the youngest person ever to win a 6th man of the year award, and is hugely impressive as the young leader of this Rocket's outfit. Harden has talent in spades, and I would pick him to lead my team of McGrady any day of the week.
    He's a better scorer, and a winner.

11. calcium

calcium Member

Asik played > 43 minutes!!

His conditioning must be back.

I remember he had trouble doing 25, let alone 43.

Am still having a good buzz from the win :)

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

What? Pure Talent? According to who? Can you describe pure talent? I hope you are not referring to athleticism because talent and athleticism are two different things.... Pure talent is what James Harden is showing night and night out for the Rockets... He does it with such ease and half of the time he is emotionless as if he already knew what would happen... T-Mac made things look good and was a freak of nature athletic wise but Harden is the best player The Rockets have had since Dream.... No doubt about it and its not even close..... Steve Francis was great.... T-Mac was even better... But none had the killer instinct James Harden has....

13. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Yep Harden is the best thing that happened to the Rockets since Olajuwon's era

14. langal

langal Contributing Member

I think raw athleticism is the only gauge for talent a lot of us have. I have no idea how natural of a shooter Harden is. Maybe Tmac is more talented as a shooter but just didn't work as hard. Who knows?

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I missed the game, but when I read the clutchfans recap I went WOW!

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Just like the Blazers game the opposing SG has the chance to clinch the game with free throws but misses the 2nd only for our star SG to nail a clutch 3 and tie it. Good D on a last possession forces into OT for the win,

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Props to Morey for not giving in and keeping Asik.

Lol @ some of you guys for getting mad cuz we didn't trade him for Courtney Lee

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Pretty much sums it up

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

that play where asik got the steal and scored had me up. Dude led the comeback and never gave up. Really didn't like the vibe I was getting when we were down 11, Bev's presence really being missed.

20. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

welll i guess its your hyperbole vs my hyperbole. I am not sure which mcgrady you are comparing harden to. Harden is an amazing talent but i just happen to think mcgrady is one of the most talented players i have ever seen play. I didnt say winner, killer instinct, none of that. and really, cause harden doesnt smile he does it with ease? well mgrady does it with one eye sleeping...:grin: