1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. FTW

FTW Member

This is just like someone replays to clutch's post with middle finger. Pure gold. Like the old saying, I don't hate bev, I just can't stand bev's fan.

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

memphis made beverly beat try to beat them... and he didn't.

3. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

You have to be kidding me if Clutch's analysis did not normalize for this fact? If he didn't, then the conclusion he draws that PBEV is the better starter is a ridiculous and frankly, the thread should be closed.

4. FTW

FTW Member

Don't forget this pic.

5. klkl96

klkl96 Member

Only if the coach allows you to do so. Usually the stars have this luxury. If you are nobody, you head to the bench directly and sit your ass over there for the rest of the game

6. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Then Bev's courage rivals that of JR Smith.

7. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

No one ever said Bev was a better player than Lin, stats would argue perhaps not even on defense, but honestly Jlin is passive when Harden is on he floor and the players tend to freeze him out of the passing game when he behaves as such. Is Beverly a starter on any other team in this league? Probably not. But until we get a quality point guard to back up Lin in running the offense of the second unit, that's the way it needs to stay. Still I will agree with a lot of posters that Lin should definitely close games over Bev. More clutch/better D etc.

8. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

I wonder how many anti pb comments will it take before this thread gets locked. Lol

9. devin23

devin23 Member

good stuff

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I like Bev, I don't think he should be the starter, but I'm glad he is on the Rockets, I love his hustle.

Tonight and many nights it's going to be really hard to believe this statement is even close to correct.

"Jeremy Lin should not start for the Houston Rockets. That job belongs to Patrick Beverley right now, and frankly, it’s not even a close call anymore."

1 person likes this.
  11. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

obviously clutch had an agenda...but i don't fault him really. he doesn't like the lin fans on here, so he feels he has to write an article to hype up bev, and use a snarky tone to kinda downplay lin. this is moreso just another article that's all bout what u done for me lately. bev has a nice impact in his first game, while lin has some subpar games in a row. so we forget that bev is also very streaky, and some of the sorta games lin had earlier in the season too. or even games like the ones he had v. boston or washington. the stats are there, but the stats are also not enough a sample size all round because of all the stuff our team has gone through this season.

for the record, i think bev should start cuz our bench sucks. but i don't know if bev should be a guy that plays 34+ mins everry night

12. conquistador#11

It's just business not personal. But we all know it's not true. After all, we're all persons how can it not be personal. And lately, from the bottom to the top everyone has made it personal feeling they have points to prove. This has become the new D&D with more poo flinging.

Like I did with that forum, I'm just going to have to stop looking at it. It's become too much.

guess i'll see yawl in the best ass threads.

1 person likes this.
  13. Clarinetmonster

And apparently the green light to keep shooting by the coaches!?!? what freaking universe do we live in?

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch has one agenda.
    It's called being real .

15. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Whatever that means

16. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Clarinetmonster

I have to say, I hate losing, but man, the GARM is so much more entertaining after losses. Consolation prize.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Obviously lots of people don't

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Beverly has one bad game and Lin fans think it's New Year's Eve. Lol

1 person likes this.
  20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin Only Fans.