1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2014.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yes because playing well for a half gurantees you minutes, no it doesn't especially when we were losing in the third. It's the coach's call to bench both Lin and Howard and we won the game

2. bws

bws Member

This is about the Rockets and Lin as a Rocket and contributing to that win in crunch-time. The rest of your stuff isn't worth my time.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I suggest a good single malt scotch. Perhaps watching the second half again, if you have it on a DVR. You'll see the Rockets winning the game. I kid you not. You seem confused.

4. booster rocket

Lin was out of control in second half and was indeed a mess on the defensive end. Brooks did a decent job and held down the fort. We won. Shump is tearing it up tonite though eh? Just lacks consistency.

5. langal

langal Contributing Member

I would have put Lin back in after a lengthy sit. Can't really fault McHale for not doing it though.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Welcome to my ignore list.

7. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the coaches pick the alternates if a voted player is hurt. Didn't Spols pick Bosh to fill in as an alternate for someone injured last year b/c he was the East's HC?

8. Stats

Stats Member

Forget Lin. Anyone notice Harden and Parson's minutes?

9. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Thanks to JR Smith's boneheaded clutchness, Jeremy remains a perfect 4-0 against his old team. [​IMG]

It sucks JLin couldnt leave the bench in the 4th but Aaron and Garcia really gave the team that push.
    Jeremy's defense was so ass today though, I've been spoiled by his great defense that this one really frustrated the crap out of me.

Im happy they got the win but damn, 4 days off and the team still didnt come out with that spark.
    The flawless Spurs win feels a million games away. They're missing that swag.

On a more positive note, they ran 2 pretty PnRs!! I saw them with my own two eyes. One of them was from JLin to Dwight to TJones. TJones missed it at the rim but damn was the ball movement pretty. I want more PnRs, they've got the weapons, take advantage of it! :(

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

They don't have backups, whats Mchale suppose to do, lol.

11. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

My god, let's just enjoy the win. Little worried about the minutes of the starters, I can't stand a loss to the Lakers.

12. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

LOL, actually we don't play for awhile. I need to put the pipe down...

13. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Because we got the W in this game. We have no problems. We are championship contenders.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

I know the cap hit is $8.3, I'm one of the posters that know a lot about salaries and post them on CFs FYI, I know every rockets players cap hit off my head.

but if a owner picks him up let's say at all star break he's basically paying Lin $17-18mill for a season and a half. Morey & the rockets win because they basically got off with paying Lin $5mill last year & $2-3mill this year, while making another owner pay pay $17-18 mill for the same amount of time. & it's still not a guarantee Lin would resign with them. In other words morey would be fu%#ing a owner. Owners are rich but they don't want to look Like a AH either.

15. platypus

platypus Member

44 Minutes for Harden and Parsons in Unacceptable.

McHale should have played Lin at the 2 to start the 4th with Dwight giving James some rest. Then at the 7 minute mark sub Harden for Brooks and let the players finish the game.

He played Parsons the entire 1st Q which is also idiotic. Cassipi/Garcia need to be subbed in at at-least the 8 Minute mark to give chandler some type of rest. If you don't rest players then they simply won't have juice to finish out games strong.

It's bad time management and it will only lead to Injuries/Losses

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TJones wasn't himself tonight in terms of finishing plays.

17. noone

noone Rookie

When the rockets play with energy and set a tone they are a contender to make the finals. They're not at the Pacers or Heat level but they can beat anyone in the west in a best of 7.

18. noone

noone Rookie

I thought Terrance Jones was great. He was in the post he set the tone and the guards cherry-picked on his effort. There should be a stat for winning battles in the paint. His points and rebounds don't tell the whole story.

19. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

what are you talking about? Um, THAT is kind of how sports work, earning trust and playing time. And how can anyone not question benching your starting PG who had a great first half over an "ineffective" 6 minutes for a guy who was a whopping 1-8 for 4 points that plays no D for the whole 4th? Everyone talks about letting Harden grow as a better player when he makes the same mistake over and over again, but it aint like Lin is 35 either.

But everything is all good because they beat a 10-21 team because of a boneheaded jr smith play and a dumb foul by 2 points.

I aint trying to have a back and forth about whose a rockets fan and whose a lin fan to a bunch of random names but jesus, some of you want to be "impartial" so bad that I cant imagine u guys are serious.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rebounding and most of his D was fine. 9 boards I guess
    He had couple layups or shots that rimmed out or were close