1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nooo, Sac gets another break!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Scout, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Scout

Scout Member

Sacramento Monarchs traded Kedra Holland-Corn to Detroit Shock for the rights to Kara Lawson.

Looks like Val is working to make Sac the powerhouse this season. They had great picks for both drafts and now, for some crazy reason, Laimbeer gives up a potentially very solid point guard for Kedra, who I like but is very under-sized in this league.

Sac wins in this trade. Oh man, just what we needed, for Sac to fill another hole - let's face it, Ticha is hurt alot and can't shoot, usually.

2. cometsluv4play

there is new info reguarding that Lawson/Holland-Corn trade. looks like Sacramento included a 2004 draft pick in with Kedra to get Kara.......NOT A GOOD MOVE! that 2004 pick alone is too much to pay for Kara Lawson, let alone a established veteran like Holland-Corn. i'm afraid, Sacramento got robbed in this deal. no word if it was a second rounder or a first ( or third ) unless it was a third rounder.........it was a bad deal period!

3. Scout

Scout Member

Well that makes more sense then, C-Luv, including a draft pick for 2004. Maybe Laimbeer ain't off his rocker then.

But look at what Sacramento must be thinking. We mopped up in the dispersal draft with DeMya Walker, we mopped up in the college draft with Chantelle (Shawn is the first syllable pronuciation :)), we are set for the future with another younger point guard. We still have Yo, Ticha, Ruthie, Tangela. We will probably have a great record this year and pick low in the 2004 draft. Let's go for it now!

That's what I think lol. Best of luck to Sac, except against us of course. And Indiana (still gotcha in my pocket Co!).