1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans draft party - who went?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Free Agent, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

We need a report on the festivities.

Specifically an in-depth discussion on the new cheerleading squad.

Digital pictures would be nice, too. :)

2. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

3. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

4. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I went . It was way too crowded . Stood in line for 25 minutes for Jamie Sharper's autograph only for him to be a complete unfriendly a$$hole . All in all it was just not that cool IMO .

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I agree, it wasn't really all that great. It was awesome to be inside the bubble, and HOLY CRAP that stuff feels just like grass!! Very crowded -- I stood in line for autographs for about 35 minutes and got Aaron Glenn and Steve McKinney to autograph one of those cool Texans draft hats with the mesh back. They were both really great guys and Steve and my brother talked a bit about playing O-Line (my brother is going to play OT for University of Missouri-Rolla next year).

Unfortunately I was an idiot and we parked about a mile away, in front of the Astrohall. We got there while they were announcing the cheerleaders, but I couldn't see them b/c there were so many people. All in all, it was disappointing. I don't really know what I would've expected to make it better, it was just kind of boring . . .

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was there with my son. We had a great time. The highlight of his day was when he got to meet and take a picture with Toro. His face lit up like Christmas tree when he saw him....good stuff. I'd go back next year. But I didn't even attempt to wait in the lines for player autographs...someone's signature doesn't mean that much to me.