1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Kubiak Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by whag00, Dec 6, 2013.

1. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Thanks Kubes! Consummate Professional and always classy!

I know we mess with him about his battlin but he always said the right things.

Stay Healthy!

2. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

he was classy, and he was stable (unfortunately stable to fault). good luck kubes, you're a good guy

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

I appreciate Kubes gracefully stepping down, oh wait!

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Honestly, I was a big fan of Kubiak before this particular landslide of a season. Hopefully, he will take some time to get his health right and improve his own approach to things because I think the micromanaging of getting things the way he wanted or at least close finally caught up to him this season and we have the record to prove it.

Best to him in the future endeavors unless those endeavors have him going against a Houston based team.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

He had a nice offensive gameplan, that worked for 2 years, but since teams already figured him out, he needed to update his playcalling, and he never made adjustments.

I think he will get another job, maybe as a OC in other team, but he needs to make changes.

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Do feel a bit sad for him, cause he seems like a classy guy. But he definitely had his shortcomings as coach and clearly was losing the team. Capers put us on the map, Kubiak brought us to respectability...time for another coach to take us to the next level.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Then change the thread title to Arian Foster appreciation thread.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thought he was the wrong choice. His record is .500, the same as chance. What's more to say. Seems like a nice fellow in the wrong job. He should thank his lucky stars that the owner extended him twice. Most NFL owners likely would have never hired him in the first place. I wish him well, but I would like back all the frustrating years of underachievement, even last year. You have home field throughout the playoffs and you blow it. How is that possible? What team would come out against the Vikings like they could care less? I still can't get over it. If Wade is the new head coach, I'm done.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

With the way things ended don't think any team in the NFL would even consider giving him a OC job, this team has good and bad memories under his tenure and a fun two years (2011-2012), wish him the best.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

maybe not next year, but in 2 or 3 years, he is probably going to be back.

wade phillips ended bad with dallas, and he had a great start with the texans.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Only if he updates his outdated playbook which every team in the NFL has figured it out.