1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2013.

1. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

Or lacks true basketball knowledge.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Good game but not likely to be this hot from three consistently. Nice to see guys stepping up without Harden. Brooks showing he can still play when given a chance.

What's a good comp for TJones? Very consistent, double double guy with range and decent defense.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I thnk it was the right or left hand of his top shoulder blade,. It was one thick shoulder vein you see on a bodybuilder not a scrawny guy like tmac.

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He used to get destroyed by Deron when he was with Utah. The knock has always been his defence, but when he's shooting well hes amazing to watch.

5. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Totally agree. you could put money on it.

6. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Just go look at his old pics and you will see the vein running from his shoulder down his right arm in a lot of them.

7. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Yes. Everybody, including our bench, must play defense, for us to win championships. No exception.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

Then who should? Parsons, who had 3 TO's, Lin who had 5 TO's, Beverly who had 3 TO's or AB who had 4 TO's?

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

No, it is because we make the wrong decisions with the ball. Our weapon is we have plenty of guys who can create off of the dribble.

Some players get stuck in the air with nowhere to go, others dribble into trouble or we try to make a pass that isn't there, push the ball when we should slow it down and run a half court set. Stepping out of bounds, missed alley-oop passes etc.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The Grizzlies are going to be without Gasol so they are ripe for the picking Monday night.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fun game. Nice to see AB step up!

13. bws

bws Member

Don't agree. AB is a nice insurance policy and had a big game tonight. Lin has way better defense and is still developing his game. You haven't seen the best of Lin at all yet.

14. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

McHale had to use Brooks because Lin was moved to the starting line up, despite obviously being a scoring option, McHale won't really move his rotation around to fit Brooks without injury or trade.

He plays his core group a lot and based off past history isn't likely to deviate from that rotation group. Even with Garcia playing like crap and Casspi regressing to just being a average player most nights, he won't really want to try to make use of Brooks and even if Lin traded this season Brooks to be effective would clash with the offense with Harden in it because neither would play great defense and would want the ball to score or try to dish to someone.

I Love Brooks, I just don't see him getting significant time with this team, heck I'm a bit worried he might be writing his ticket out of here as part of trade filler again.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Of course people are ragging on McHale for not using AB enough tonight, if you can believe that.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I never said upgrade, I said we don't lose to much.

17. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

There was no talk from me about him offsetting anything with his offense. Nor did I say he was horrible on defense. I was only replying to what you said, which was too absolute. Lin is not as good a defensive player as Bev, but I wouldn't let him slide just because his offense is better than Bev's. Your assertion of Bev is there to play defense, and AB offensive, to me was too absolute. My point is everyone needs to play defense, especially if this team (with a very sub-par coach in my opinion) wants to get anywhere near the Finals.

18. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

That is not too unreasonable for a person like mchale.

19. steady

steady Member

Great team win. Love the Rockets.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Marion.

Marion also played both forward spots like Jones can. Just like Marion i'm not sure he can create his offense but he's so good at everything else.