1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Bill Worrell so misinformed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LandryFields, Oct 16, 2013.

1. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

He just referred to the 2009 Orlando Magic team as a "championship team", I know he probably means Eastern conference champion but he didn't even clarify... this type of blunder is so routine for him (and sometimes Drexler and Bullard too), I can put up with it but it just comes off really unprofessional and I'm sure fans of other teams watching these broadcasts are noticing this and not getting a great impression

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

It's dementia.

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

Agreed. I love Bill but he words things incorrectly often, making him seem misinformed.

How many times have we heard him refer to 1st round pick rookies as the "#1 pick"?

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Would you care if commentators from other teams screw up? Most of the time, I just focus on the game, since some commentators are blind homers for their team. I barely digest any word they say, lol.

5. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

He seems to use language one would use for the NFL draft. Saying a player is 'a number one pick' means a little more in a 7 round draft as opposed to a 2 round draft.

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

The Harden way..:eek:

7. Rocket_Man_2.0

oops wrong thread

8. yo

yo Contributing Member

The "#1 pick" term drives me absolutely nuts too. For some reason, it has come to mean the first player a team picks in a draft (typically first found). It doesn't mean much when they're picked last in the first round.

9. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

I think he means the first pick of the TEAM not the first pick of the DRAFT

10. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

He needs to go.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I really like Bill Worrell. And all of you who don't - how can you not like a guy who clearly loves the Rockets so much!

12. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

I think the worst part is when he says "X player was their #1 pick." Most bball fans will understand that it doesn't mean that player was the #1 pick in the draft but it might be confusing for some.

13. Asar9

Asar9 Member

We know what he mean...it's the fact that he says it...makes you have to think for a split second about the draft...

14. MichaelG281713

Nothing new. Let the thread die. Boring.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is showing his age. I have heard him make quiet a few mistakes on air in recent years.

He is still not as senile as Clyde though.

16. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

This is a phrase used in a lot of places in sports. He's referring to a team's #1 pick. He's technically right. He never says #1 overall pick, that is where he would be wrong.

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

he call beverly Patrick Patterson lol

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

'called' fixed!

19. rocketblood713

McHale hates Bill and Bull and Clydes and so I expect them to come off the bench

20. rocketblood713

Bill and Bull are awesome but I seen some Magic fans that didn't like Clydes comments about there team which was really funny but I think its cause hes a old timer