1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 5

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Atlanta should have drafted Dez Bryant then they wouldn't have gave up all of those picks for Julio.

SMFH

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'd <strike>almost</strike> argue that Dez is better than Julio.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

I am arguing that he is better too

Love Julio but he hasn't taken us to the next level which isn't his fault. Matt Ryan can't escape pressure and his o-line is trash. Bad combo.

4. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

I know Mark Sanchez took a lot of heat for last years diaster plus the notorius butt fumble.

But to see him cheer on his team like that shows a lot of character and class on his part. Respect!

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Been a crazy football season.

Nobody would have thought the Giants would be winless, and Falcons 1-4. The NFC East is arguably the worst division in football (yet pretty loaded with offensive talent).

Denver looks loaded, but they need Von and Champ back to shore up that D. Luck is entering that "elite" club and Colts are legit (probably 2nd best to Denver right now). Denver-Colts matchup 2 weeks from now might be best game of season.

Great season so far.

6. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Colts were legit last season, Luck just led the NFL in turnovers, so it kinda held them back a bit. I always laughed when people said that RG3 had the better team than Luck

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And it shows the class of people who would somehow use that as an excuse to bash him.

8. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

after the first day of the draft this past year, i called matt and adam on 790 and i said, seven years ago the packers drafted aaron rodgers with their first pick at 25 in the first round with farve still on their roster.

the texans had a need to look at the future, geno fell right in their lap at 27. they made a good pick but they should have made a bold pick. oh well next year's draft will be qb heavy.

9. Major

Major Member

Colts last year had a -30 scoring differential despite going 11-5. They pulled out a ton of close games they really had no business winning, thanks to Luck. This year, through 5 games, they are +60. Their defense is light years better than last year's.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

As if they needed any more bad news:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Breaking: Falcons fear Julio Jones likely OUT for the rest of the year w a foot injury. He's getting a second opinion tomorrow to determine</p>&mdash; Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/387625602401832960">October 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Looks like things just got worse.

Julio out for the year.....

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Looks like the Falcons might have just officially entered the Clowney race.

13. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Luck was also turning the ball over a LOT in the positive side of the football field for opponents, very easy to score when you dont have to go far to the endzone

Colts were always more solid than the skins, better special teams, defense, i think both qb's are great