1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Mar 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...delphia-eagles-wide-receiver-mistake-cost-job

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Eagles released the following statement Friday:

"As we have said, Riley Cooper will be seeking counseling and we have excused him from all team activities. This is all new territory and we are going to evaluate this timetable every step of the way. He will meet with professionals provided by the Eagles during this period of time to better help him understand how his words have hurt so many, including his teammates."

Riley Cooper released the following statement:

"The last few days have been incredibly difficult for me. My actions were inexcusable. The more I think about what I did, the more disgusted I get. I keep trying to figure out how I could have said something so repulsive, and what I can do to make things better.

Right now, I think it's important for me to take some time to reflect on this situation. The organization and my teammates have been extremely supportive, but I also realize that there are people who will have a tough time forgiving me for what I've done. The best thing for me, and for the team, is to step away for a period of time.

During this time I'm going to be speaking with a variety of professionals to help me better understand how I could have done something that was so offensive, and how I can start the healing process for everyone. As long as it takes, and whatever I have to do, I'm going to try to make this right."

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Anytime someone starts their statement off saying how hard this has been on them, it makes me cringe. I'm looking at you as well, Ryan Braun.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been trying to figure out the context of Riley's racist outburst. A tip to Deadspin, said he was pissed that he couldn't get backstage at the concert., Based on that, it looks to me like he was talking to a black security guard and was referring to jumping the fence to get backstage and the "n!ggers" at the Chesney concert that he was going to "fight" are the backstage security guards.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What if he was calling white people the n-word? What happens then? That'd be fun.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>K Sebastian Janikowski has signed a four-year contract extension. <a href="http://t.co/i2iIHIqVOO">pic.twitter.com/i2iIHIqVOO</a></p>&mdash; OAKLAND RAIDERS (@RAIDERS) <a href="https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/statuses/363377918426116096">August 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. conquistador#11

this is what I originally thought he was doing, because there is a video of him at the same concert attempting to fight a couple of white kids. So when this first came out, I thought he was calling those guys the N word.