1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TJones or DMo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CARoxNut, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think right now its whos spending more time with the actual team

D-mo playing with his country now this offseason will give him good experience, but might actually put him behind just a tad

T-Jones gets to spend more time around his teammates prepping with the team. Gets to absorb the plays a little more.

Itll still come down to training camp practices and preseason games, the better performer. But T-Jones has just that little advantage of being blended in at this current moment.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

DMo was horrible last year. He has to learn to either play defense or make an outside shot in order to get any minutes this year. If he can't learn to do at least one of those two things, then he has no value at all.

1 person likes this.
  3. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Not enough information yet. Ask me next off season.

4. gamor

gamor Member

easily, T Jones. Unless DMo makes a huge u turn this coming season.

5. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Probably Rockets will roll with the small ball line up at the end of games more then likely with the new more muscle pack Chandler Parsons. However there is room for argument for both D-Mo and T.Jones to have the starting position. Base off how McHale operated and D-Mo's new bulk ,passing ability in the post and senority, D-Mo might have the upper edge in terms of playing with Dwight in the front court.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

I would love to see every fastbreak when DMo (7') outruns Howard (6'8''?). Will be hilarious!

7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I would favour T-Jones at the moment as he has impressed in the SL and in the LA training sessions (according to Lin). There has been no word on D-Mo except that he has bulked up to around 257lbs. How that affects his skills is still to be seen.

I think Jone's all-round skill set, especially his defense and athleticism will suit the team more than D-Mo's offensive post-game. Both guys have range to the 3 point line and are able to stretch the floor. D-Mo shot atrociously from out there last season and T-Jones didn't really shoot that much. Defensively T-Jones had some stretches last season when he showed the scrappiness to get blocks and rebounds. D-Mo on the other hand seemed lost on defense at times at that was a large reason why he lost his starting spot to T-Jones.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, we just don't know yet. I think Jones but I see why DMO holds value next to Dwight. Then you have Greg Smith.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

TJones all day everyday. DMo will be a solid backup

10. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

TJones he is better than Dmo And more talented Dmo's defence is so weak
    Offensive wins games defensive wins championship

11. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Tjones won me a coke so Tjones

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think Jones might start at the beginning of the year, but DMo will take that role over by the end of the year. Jones is stronger than DMo defensively, but he is nowhere near as good as DMo offensively.

1 person likes this.
  13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

bwhahahahahahah now thats too funny.

14. hltiki

hltiki Member

As much as I like TJones, I gotta pick mah boy DMO!!!!

TJones is more atheletic, but come on, DMO's a 7 footer, competitive, is now 260 whereas he was 220 just last season (THATS A 40 POUND BULK, let me repeat, FOUR ZERO), can shoot the 3 ball, can run, can pass (didn't see TJones' passing arsenal in NBA games yet), and most of all, he has some SICK SICK post moves.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Its hard to say right now. For some reason I think Asik will be starting at the Center and Howard at the Power Forward. We all know Coach McHale loves to experiment. If that does'nt work, then T.Jones will be inserted in the starting lineup as the PF and Howard at the Center position.
    Look to see Howard/Asik, Howard/T.Jones, Howard/DMo and Howard/Smith during the pre-season.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Whichever one is better. If they start next season as badly as they finished the last one, then neither will start. Playing Howard or Parsons out of position would be preferable to that. But, assuming they get better, the one who improves most should get the nod. All else equal, Motie's game is probably better suited to Howard because he has more range, but he has to play better to make any use of that.

17. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I still do not get what the excitement about DMo.

The hype about him is much greater than where his game is now.

Maybe he will grow into his full potential but for now pass.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Right. The 5 or 6 ppg that Dmo averaged....Sure he will get better but that is nothing to get excited at

19. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Then we need to close 90% for the threads. Stupid reply.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly how I feel. Dmo will play nicely with Asik on the bench. Will have post game mixed with asik's defense and rebounding.

Pretty certain unless there is a trade this what the front line will look like.

Along with parsons/garcia