1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight ESPYs Burn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el gnomo, Jul 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You my man. :cool:

2. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

I would neg rep you every day for the the rest of my life if I could.

[​IMG]

3. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Oh, there was a joke? Too busy staring at Jon Hamm.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man, the Lakers org and their fans are REALLY hurt over Dwight leaving. They went from begging him to stay and puffing their chest out with the "We are the Lakers, no one EVER leaves the Lakers" to openly mocking him.

This reminds me of when Jerry dumped Avery and she started to cry. "No one's ever dumped me before." Then she wanted to get all kung fu and act like she couldn't get hurt.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Thanks for proving my point. I made 0 attempt at humor.

Only corny people actually laugh at that stuff.

6. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Meh. We get Dwight. He had a "down year" there and didn't want to stay in LA. They lost a superstar that wanted to go there and they can be mad if they want but this video...

[​IMG]

All the more reason for him to be reassured that Houston was the right place.

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

LA very very salty.

But, still lol'ed.

8. HookemHorns1250

I really don't find anything funny about that. Just another "playful" way for LA to take a shot at Dwight.

Again, the TEAM has to realize each shot at Dwight is a shot at the entire team. I really...hope the guys understand the situation when we play LA. I could definitely see Beverley getting a 'bit chippy, but the rest of the team has to follow his play style. Hard, aggressive, and to the whistle.

NBA, get ready for the jokes to run out. Get ready for the hungriest team in the NBA. A team with something worth fighting for.

9. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

I hate L.A. and I can't wait to see the Rockets blow them out by 30.

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I laughed.

I liked it. I thought it was good for Dwight. Not a bad pub at all.

11. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Ji laughed at anyone who thought it was funny... I often think when I'm laughing at something hysterically that it's funny cuz it's 'so true! ' If these delusional Lakers fans think that they're better off... the only way they'll be right is if they suck bad enough this year to get a high lottery pick in what looks like the best draft since 03... Which I think is a probability. I'm not mad at whoever wrote that joke for john hamm, but I'm not going to laugh at something that was written to make a ridiculous fan base feel better about just having lost THE BEST CENTER IN THE WORLD.

12. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

LOL, I mean they lost the biggest FA to HOUSTON. Wouldn't you be mad? Not to mention, they have to fill like 2 hours with random jokes, these shows are generally pretty lame, I thought it was funny. I thought the "best moments in LA" montage was going to just show him being thrown out of game 4.

I chuckled.

We all know Houston got the last laugh on this one.

IMO, LA should be glad Dwight left. He didn't fit in their system what so ever. I honestly think LA (if Kobe returns mid season) could still make the playoffs. They won't be a contender with that many vets, but they can still win games, and still be a pretty good team.

13. enitialdee

enitialdee Member

Fuq the lakers, fuq the whole Los Angeles too.. This wasn't just a shot at Dwigth, they pretty much took a shot at the whole Rockets team.. It's like they were saying Dwigth downgraded.. Hope dwigth and the rest of the team is playing this diss during every practice.

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

It was a funny stunt.

Now lets go win a title and slap the l(F)akers in their face's.

15. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I really hope Dwight kicks some ass next year, and makes all of these clowns look stupid.

16. vince

vince Member

Wow... I could understand if this was an LA tv show. But for ESPN to condone this is trite of their support for the Lakers. ESPN isnt pretending to be objective anymore.

17. vince

vince Member

Also i have a problem with the Laker hate. it is not a crime to feel betrayed as a fan. Astros fans still boo Carlos Beltran. the problem is that the National media is butt hurt that their Laker team was snubbed. ESPN and other supposed National sport programs should be objective.

But i guess Objectivity went away in this Day and age.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I thought the exact same thing - the montage was a funny bit - more from an execution perspective. But the anger behind it is a little jarring. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find another example - especially more recently, as ESPN partnered with all the major sports leagues - of such a pointed jab the *network* has taken at an in-his-prime star athlete who didn't really do anything wrong.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Hey, in a profession where we already know exactly who the best is, let's have an annual award show to determine who the best is!! ????

I've never watched the ESPY's, but that clip was humorous.

Weren't some Rockets in attendance? Any response by them to the joke? Got to be man enough to be able to laugh at yourself. Though the ironic part of that would be that there's no way Kobe would tolerate that type of humor being directed at him.

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Yes, it was funny. However, if I'm Dwight, everytime I step in Staples Center (Laker's and Clipper's) I would drop 40 jordans and 20 rodmans and Snoop Lion's theme song "Murder Was the Case" would be playing in my locker after the game.

I would tell them to run the ESPY clip to know why.