1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP 2 1/2 is about to be on ROME

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nice Rollin, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

CP2.5 first hour. Coming up

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

thanks I'll listen for it while I'm watching the summer league game

:)

4. Hayesfan

on now!

1 person likes this.
  5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Good candid answers to the Dwight questions. lol on Dwight's terrible handwriting.

edit: AWESOME! 8-10 lbs of muscle added so far this summer.

6. tefunk

tefunk Member

CP says he does not know if Lin or Asik will remain on the team.

7. Hayesfan

Very honest answers there

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He did mention Lin as a leader. I think that his contract is hard to move and I think that this team doesn't want to just dump him. I think Parsons probably knows something we don't about what is to come. He mentions that Daryl isn't done probably.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Wow, i gotta hear the recap now...

10. kastuul

kastuul Member

It seems Morey is still trying to move Lin and Asik.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

To be fair no one knows how things will panout. Having said that, it really gives weight to the rumors rhat were shopping them. It was quiet said how Deeks was attacked here for giving us a scoop.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Very cool about the 8-10lbs of muscle.

Lets face it, I think we all know that Parsons is going to see a fair amount of minutes at the PF spot on this team. And probably see those minutes LATE in the 4th quarter. (with Garcia at the 3 or Casspi).

So getting that muscle allowing him to play the PF spot for stretches will be key.

13. kastuul

kastuul Member

If Morey still trys to move Lin and Asik after D12 signing, it means they are not on the long team plan anymore.

The better they play, the more likely they get traded.

14. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

What is our backup plan if Dwight goes down this year and we trade Asik? That worries me.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Chances are the Rockets are SAVING their "room exception" to be able to use to "fill gaps" if they move Asik or Lin. So if Asik gets moved the Rockets would probably look to see what Bigs are out there that they can sign. A lot of times after the trading deadline and before March 1st (have to be released by then to be playoff eligible) teams release VETs when they are tanking. This is when the Rockets would pounce on a BIG for a playoff run as a stop gap.

16. bongman

bongman Member

I don't know if you can really have a backup plan for MAX type players because they tie up a lot of your cap space. Your offense will most likely be centered around your max type players and it is difficult to change your style of play mid season. If our goal this year is to win the championship, it would be difficult to create an alternate plan to achieve the same goals without Asik or Dwight.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

after Parsons comments it'll be interesting to see if any of those two will attend this informal get together. I think they might as they are still part of the team till otherwise.

18. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

Honestly If Dwight goes down for significant time we are probably not winning the chip so might as well throw D-mo out there and see what he and Smith can do. If they suck we get a good pick and try again next year.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

8-10 lbs of Chandler Parsons's ... Mmm...

20. Fighton

Fighton Member

are they even invited? if the plan is to trade them, shouldn't the rockets keep them inactive to make sure they don't get injured? i know it's not an official rocket's thing, but there could be a "you might not want to invite them.." kind of thing.