1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

We don't need a traditional PF. Dwight wants to develop a post game, if so we need a stretch 4 and we already have one in chandler Parsons. We need rebs of course but we don't need a PF who is just going to clog the paint on O. If only Parsons can get a little bigger.

2. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I don't know... I'm not a capologist. Lol.. Probably have to ask Mr Bima But $30 million is $30 million no matter how you sum it up. And Lin's off the court value may not be as big in Atlanta as it is in Houston.

3. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

This...

4. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

Parsons Has been working on getting bigger slowly as not to lose his explosiveness. Now from what posters on here were saying before is that D-mo has put on quite a bit of weight this off season and appears to really be trying to bulk up.

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Ryan Anderson - Probably the best 3 point shooter at the PF spot. Doesn't give you much else.

Ersan Ilyasova - Can shoot the 3 and is a good rebounder.

Then of course, Love and Aldridge (pipe dream)

6. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

If Parsons could bulk up a little, he could be a good stretch 4. Wouldnt mind putting Parsons at the 4 and trading for a SF?

The only problem Parsons would have would be defending bigger PF's. HE may get out muscled.

7. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Exactly. I just think LMA won't be all that hard to get. He is probably going to be the oldest starter in his prime on that trailblazers team, and his contract makes no sense passed next season. I also think that no FA is going to want to leave their respective team just to play with LMA and maybe Lillard. I can see them wanting to get younger.

8. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

That is what dwight is for. Imagine shooting bigs like dirk, I feel that Parsons is fully capable of defending guys like dirk. Guys like bosh however...

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I wonder if the Hawks would be willing to trade Horford if they got a great haul? Probably not... but if we're going to dream about LMA/Love scenarios, Horford seems equally competent. He is surprisingly very very good shooter, evne out to 3, for a traditional PF. He's just good.

I'd give up any combination or all of Asik, Lin, one of TJones/DMo, our 2014 first round pick and Isiah Cannon.

Horford is really good, and locked up at only $12 million per year.

Doubt the Hawks are interested, but Horford strikes me as a PF, even though he's had success playing center. They signed Milsap. Asik/Milsap and adding Jeremy Lin to replace Teague, plus the other bits added... the Hawks don't go backwards that's for sure. May not get a ton better, but they're not anyway.

10. IMtheotherDB

IMtheotherDB New Member

So Rockets need a better PF and Asik would be great in Boston. He's a willing screener in the P&R with Rondo, and if you add another team to shed some more salary for the C's. How bout add the Bobcats in a S&T for Gerald Henderson to the C's?

Rockets in: Green, BOS 2nd
    Rockets out: Asik, Anderson, Ohlbrecht,
    (http://www.hoopsworld.com/houston-rockets-team-salary)

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Green
    Howard

Celtics in: Asik, Henderson, Anderson, Sessions(expiring $) CHA 1st from Thomas trade
    Celtics out: Green, Lee, Bradley
    (http://www.hoopsworld.com/boston-celtics-team-salary)

Rondo
    Henderson
    Wallace
    Bass
    Asik

Bobcats in: Lee, Bradley, Ohlbrecht, HOU 2nd from Trob Trade,
    Bobcats out: Henderson, Sessions
    (http://www.hoopsworld.com/charlotte-bobcats-team-salary)

Walker
    Gordon
    MKG
    McRoberts
    Jefferson
    with Lee, Bradley & Zeller coming off the bench

Thoughts?

11. OmerAsik3

OmerAsik3 Member

White a sixer!

12. CertifiedTroll

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    Houston Trades Omer, Garcia, and Papanikalaou
    Portalnd Trades CJ McCollum & Wes Mathews

This is a complete knee jerk seeing how CJ is playing in summer league. But CJ is controlling the game with ease. Also Wes will be a good back up for Harden/Parsons. Also another reason I suggest this is because IF CJ's skill can translate into the regular season, this will set us up to trade Lin. Also we shed a tiny bit of salary with this trade.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

We have dwight. world has changed. Lines updated in vegas.

It's now going to be 2013-2014

and 'the Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13 is 171 pages. :eek:

Started this thread for 2013 -2014

Heres my depth chart #1- 126 for everything besides howard and harden.

Yes its not completely in order but I feel a decent representation. Dont shoot me. Some of it is skewed a little in that I tend to overrate rockets too :)
    chart :

1)Lebron
    2)Durant
    3)Chris Paul
    4)Tony Parker
    5)Rubio
    6)Derrick Rose
    7)Seth Curry
    8)Irving
    9)Paul George
    10)Seth Curry
    11)Carmelo Anthony
    12)Nowitzski
    13)Lillard
    14)Aldridge
    15)Joakim noah
    Kobe Bryant
    Duncan
    Cousins
    Kevin Love
    20)Westbrook
    Deron Williams
    Rondo
    Parsons
    Zach Randolph
    25)Faried
    Bosh
    Asik
    Millsap
    Blake Griffin
    30)Igoudala
    Josh Smith
    Gallinari
    Harrison Barnes
    Tyreke
    Ryan Anderson
    Ibaka
    Monta Ellis
    Wade
    Gasol P
    40)Gasol M
    AK47
    Gerald Wallace
    Danny Green
    Affalo
    Ty lawson
    Horford
    rudy gay
    Joe Johnson
    Bogut
    50)Bynum
    sefalosha
    Deandre Jordan
    Tyson Chandler
    David West
    David Lee
    Amare Stoudemire
    Tony Allen
    Perkins (yuck)
    Eric Bledsoe
    Thadeus Young
    Wall
    Patrick Beverly
    David Lee
    Kevin martin
    Dragic
    Andre Miller
    Udrih
    Teague
    Lin
    Barganani
    Peckovic
    Jr Smith
    al Jefferson
    Kidd Gilchrist
    Jameer Nelson
    Ginobili (situational)
    Harrington
    Kleiza
    Butler
    Deng
    Brook Lopez
    Jrue Holiday
    Derrick Favors
    ilayasova
    klay Thompson
    ben gordon
    scola
    Aminu
    Blatche
    McGee
    carl landry
    Kemba Walker
    Boozer
    amir Johnson
    Lowry
    Jarret Jack
    Brandon Jennings
    Biedrins
    Hawes
    100)Mayo
    Nash
    Calderon
    Diaw
    Telfair
    Vasquez
    Nate Robinson
    Marshon Brooks
    korver
    Dmo
    jared Dudley
    Hinrich
    Dunleavy
    Hansbrough
    fredette
    Zeller
    Kris Humphries
    Richard Jefferson
    mike miller
    Ramon Sessions
    Canaan
    Casspi
    Austin Rivers
    Drummond
    Fab Melo
    Toney Douglas
    126)Biyombo

Yes I overrate kleiza lol. Also guys like fab melo or monta ellis for example.. I've seen but I haven't seen if you know what I mean. I might have rated a guy like monta ellis lower than should have. Also I didnt include garnett or pierce since they are newly traded and almost too old and untouchable anyway. I mean for example I dont see Brooklyn accepting Asik for Garnett for example.. so I dont see much point in listing a guy like Garnett or pierce. its my list so chill/.

Here is my random but deliberate need and targets:
    PG
    Number 1 target
    Rubio or Damian Lillard or Tony Parker

AND

PF
    Number 1 target
    Aldridge or Nowitzski or Love or Millsap

I want a PG AND a PF and I want both. I think we can get both if we play our cards right. Yes I am hungry.

We have as our pieces to offer- Lin,Asik,Beverly, Garcia, Picks, Dmo, Djones. rights to lull ( worth doo doo?)

Getting back to to the list of
    Rubio or Damian Lillard or Tony Parker
    We keep an eye on parker, but we know Spurs not yet probably ready to rebuild. Also to get parker we would have to lose a lot to get him..even though a team of parker harden and howard makes my nipples hard.

So that leaves us Damian Lillard or Rubio as 2 guys that make me squeal. I am in love with what rubio could do with parsons harden and howard. It makes me go nuts just the thought. perhaps in a bad moment either POR or MIN crap out.. and then maybe somehow someway get Aldridge or millsap or Love to go with either a lillard or a rubio. Yes I am dreaming.

So I think priority #1 should be Lillard or Rubio. At the end of the day we need someone to get the ball to harden and howard. Thats tony parker. But yep we just said that will take a lot to get him. So to really get the ball to howard or harden, I like actually rubio of the rubio parker lillard choice.

Ideally we could try to also take Love or Aldridge somehow. I feel like in a bad moment POR might look at something as weak as asik +garcia +Dmo+ Djones+ picks as much filler as needed for aldridge.

In the right situation I mean if portland was on a rebuilding dumping top players mode aldridge and lillard are the 2 to think of. I mean can you imagine somehow scraping lillard and aldridge? Mother of god imagine
    howard
    Aldridge
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lillard

I dont think Lin,Asik,Beverly, Garcia, Picks, Dmo, Djones is enough to get POR to budge on any level to get both lillard AND aldridge but if their GM was in completely blow up mode and wanted to smoke some crank we would offer it. it could mean something for portland to rebuild with:

Asik
    Dmo
    Garcia
    Beverly
    Lin

Tons of picks and room for POR to use without any burdens of lillard or Aldridge contracts going forward. Problem with that scheme is paying Lin and I dont see POR wanting to pay Lin. Lin is on the hook for some dough next 2 years albeit only a 2 year bite for POR to chew. and lin and can bring that precious 'asian' market to POR grin.:) yeah right I know. This is the internet I am jacking off to ideas in a trade thread if you read this far just calm down. I am openly trying to make this happen.

Thats why it might make more sense to try and use lin to get rubio and use asik to get Alridge. and then use beverly and garcia and maybe give portland
    Beverly Asik fillers for Aldridge

and
    Lin+garcia + fillers for rubio

I am sure there are some realities of numbers and yes I am dreaming but if you tinker it around enough it *could* start to come together.

I think you cant touch parsons. If you could get parsons to parlay that into a top tier 3rd option then yeah you lose parsons, but I am probably too biased. I think parsons for the salary and what he is is a great chess piece and part of starting 5. He's 6 foot 9. Larry bird was 6 foot 9. there I just compared parsons to bird. Blasphemy you say? Yes I am manic right now about or squad and feeling damn good. I mean would you do Asik and Parsons + filler for Love?

That gives us:
    Howard
    Love
    ?? at Small Forward
    Harden
    Lin

How does that feel.

I still love this one the most of ALL:

Howard
    Aldridge
    Parsons
    Harden
    Rubio

sorry so long/to rant.

IF YOU CAN DREAM IT YOU CAN
    BELIEVE IT
    Go Rockets

1 person likes this.
  14. jvu

jvu Member

INBL? You should change your name to TLDNR..

1 person likes this.
  15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

and not a single word was read.........

1 person likes this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

man you guys are hilarious.

tl;dr
    Simply put who do you want to add to harden and howard?

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

You are so cool but who do you want to add to harden and howard?

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Obviously I agree with Aldridge and Love as likely targets. I am a bit scared of Love. Eager to see how he comes back this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nn73lq9

Howard/Haywood
    Jones/Motiejunas
    Parsons/Garcia
    Harden/Taylor/Walker
    Walker/Beverly

I like this deal because it gives us depth at backup center, backup shooting guard (a good defender) and then another scorer in the backcourt. I fully expect Kemba to improve his long distance shooter and be better than Lin there long term. I just like that guy a lot I guess.

1 person likes this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting trade proposal.
    You think losing lin and asik is worth walker and haywood?

Rep for actually talking about 'Roster Moves' as the name of this forum indicates and not about parsons hair, emo issues, etc. God forbid people want to talk roster moves and sports and not about the banner at the press conference or what dwight ate at breakfast.