1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you think if roles switch and Harden got injured?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Apr 26, 2013.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

If the exact same thing had happened to Harden or any other player on our team, many fans would be pissed, frustrated, and looking for someone to blame, initially at least. But any fans who thought it was an intentional cheap shot would also be wrong.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

This. If it was a blatantly dirty play I'd be pretty pissed, but otherwise I would just be depressed about losing our best player.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Why are people so sentimental over soemthing that happens all the time in the sports?
    What would happen if that shiat happened to us. Here is a news for you, it had already happened more often than it should be to us in the last 5 -7 years to us. Were you around then every time when Yao went down in the season.

What would I do, or us Rockets fans had done in this type of situation? SUCK IT UP!

4. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

We have time machines don't we? Lol at being called a LOF based off sig from 2002.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This isn't twitter. Why would you start a thread like this.

6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I love the NBA playoffs.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It wasn't even a foul, was it?

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

nope. Barkley even said it wasn't a foul, but it was cheap because he signaled for the timeout and Beverly went for the steal. The truth is Beverley already committed to the steal before he heard the whistle.

9. Fighton

Fighton Member

Easy. We'd hate on jackson and call him a dirty player.

we're fans! we're supposed to be irrational. rational fans make for boring fans. :p

10. Prince

Prince Member

rednecks need to learn hardcourt basketball.

11. Methom

Methom Member

Haha that made me lol. Good one :cool:

12. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

We start looking at next year and be happy we had a good year. It's a game, injuries happen. I would do the exact same thing if I was Bev. It is the playoffs, and you want to do anything you can to get your team to win. He plays that way, didn't mean to hurt him, just how the chips fell. If it was Harden oh well, no hard feelings, It would suck but you move on.

13. thekad

thekad Member

"Hatred" lol

Step away from the computer. For your own sake.

14. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

It wasn't a dirty play; people get hurt. I'm sorry Westbrook got hurt. I'm also sorry Lin got hurt. I'm glad Lin isn't badly hurt and I'm sorry Westbrook is. But those are just accidents. Artest had what sounds like a worse injury and came back in two weeks. Hope Westbrook does, too. But hey, could the number of basketball players that got knee injuries possibly be counted? Westbrook isn't more important than Sean Halpain or anybody else.

15. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Nobody has to imagine, you think one of our guys has never gotten hurt?

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Harden has had a lot of scary incidents of knocking knees. And stepping on other players' feet.

That's why he refrains from driving in when the lane is crowded. Which is smart of him. And partly explains the percentage drop in his shots on drives.

WB playing on in Game 2 must have aggravated the injury.

17. sergio

sergio Member

I'm glad it happened. I'd be happier if it were Durrant. We've dealt with to many injuries to care about other teams.

18. k-money

k-money Member

I wonder if anybody who is a fan of the thunder would still watch them if Durante and Westbrook were no longer in the team.

19. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

So all you can say is to make this comment about Lin fans?

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

"Oh crap, I have to be the first option again?"

[​IMG]