1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A plea to everybody going to games at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by junk151, Apr 24, 2013.

1. domd221

domd221 Member

I went to a SportsNation TV taping last Friday in Los Angeles and there was a fellow Rockets fan there wearing a Parsons jersey. She was a middle aged lady who said she was a season ticket holder. I asked her about the crowd problem, and she told me the reason for the empty seats is mainly because of corporate people owning those lower level seats shown on TV, and that they never decide to show up to the beginnings of games because they are too busy messing around and talking business at the underground bars at the Toyota Center.

Is this true? I am a Southern California Rockets fan so I wouldn't know, but I have been wondering about this theory ever since she mentioned it.

2. dvr4me

dvr4me Contributing Member

I'll be at both games-Loud, proud and early!!

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Lucky you got to see Charissa in person :mad:

I remember one guy was trying to say our attendance is only bad because TC can't hold as many people as other stadiums.. lol that should make it easier to sell out

4. Penetrate&Creat

It would be nice to see a packed Toyota center. I could only imagine the noise with 17k people chanting "LET'S GO ROCKETS!"

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Most of us are out-of-towners. I wish I could be there rallying the troops.

6. skyline07

skyline07 Member

I have to say, everytime I go to a Rockets game, the other fans around me arent even watch the game...they are either on their phone texting(usually women) or they are too lazy and fat to do anything. Its tied game 1 min left, they are too lazy to stand up. Whats wrong with these ppl....

7. texansalltheway

lets win the next two and put pressure on the thunder, we have nothing to lose

8. domd221

domd221 Member

Me on the right.
    [​IMG]
    I didn't wear a rockets jersey because I previously wore one to a previous taping (which I also included a picture of below)[​IMG]

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

No expendable income.:(

10. nono

nono Member

Open the gates of hell !

11. sweetness1

sweetness1 Member

Houston is the fattest city in the fattest country in the world:

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/lose-weight/the-fittest-and-fattest-cities-in-america

12. tonguyen

tonguyen Rookie

Be there and be loud

We were there in 2009 could not wait to be back on Saturday. Whoever sit in front of me please have your earplug ready.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

8:30pm game and on a Friday, book it 2-1.

14. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

I know the lower bowl has been fairly empty during the regular season, but if I recall we flooded TC last time we were in the playoffs.

15. DreamRoxCoogFan

that's precisely it. The Rockets don't have a problem selling those lower bowl seats, they just don't care where the fans are as long as they pay to be there. (Precisely why they don't care about the CSN dilemma either- as long as they're getting money, they don't care) If you want to gauge if the game is a sellout or not, look at the upper bowl, it always tells you the story.

The fans will show up, but they'll be late to the tip-off and might disappear during the game. I'm comes with the territory of selling your soul to the corporate devil. I miss the Summit.

16. letterZshift

letterZshift Member

I've always been just a lurker of CF but I just made an account to chime in on this.

I've been going to Rockets games for as long as I can remember and always put forth an effort to actually support the team, and I totally agree with OP's plea and the fact that Rockets "fans" and attendance in general pretty much sucks, pretty often. I don't really remember how it was when I was a kid (Barkley/Pippen @ Compaq era-early to mid Yao era), but I do remember most of the games I went to in high school onward. In HS, one of my best friend's grandmother was the commissioner or something of the CBA, so he had crazy connections. Like, went to Yao's place and played video games with him from time to time connections. Whenever Yao's parents couldn't make games, he'd get the tickets for their seats and bring me and our other friend along. As a guy who never got farther than the mid-lower bowl seats, these seats were amazing to me. But I wish the others who had the pleasure of sitting there felt the same. I remember at one regular season game vs. Portland, Von Wafer had a monster reverse dunk in a close game. My friends and I went insane and were even caught on camera. No one in a (this is just an estimate) 15-seat radius really reacted at all. Maybe a little clapping.

But that wasn't even the worst I've experienced at TC. I study in Dallas now so every time I get the chance to go with my dad when I'm home, I don't miss it for anything. Last year I came down for preaseason one weekend because my dad snagged tickets and they were cheap to be in the lower bowl. I realize it was a preaseason game, but I still felt like I needed to be obnoxious for the team. Once again, it was a close game (I think) and late in the fourth I stood up and tried to get the rest of the crowd up with me. Then out of nowhere, some ******* had the nerve to yell "HEY SIT DOWN". Needless to say, my dad and I were PISSED. We never found the guy who said it, but it really disappointed me and tarnished my view of our "fans".

With that said, please, PLEASE everyone who shows up, put OKC's fans to shame. It's a long shot, but I still hope it happens. The team really needs it.

17. domd221

domd221 Member

That's really unfortunate because the die hard fans deserve way better. If I lived in Houston and I saw those empty lower level seats that I could have purchased a ticket for myself, I would be enraged!!!

18. KevinG1015

KevinG1015 Member

I will be at the game, and I will be court side aka I WILL BE LOUD AS ****KK!

LETS GO ROCKETS!

19. Jimes

Jimes Member

Will be there and will be loud!

20. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Believe it or not, even if only 0.1% of LOF or LOH in China start to post here, this forum will be down.