1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron "instant offense" Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by body slam, Apr 20, 2013.

Tags:
  1. body slam

body slam Member

What happened to AB? When he came back some were promoting him as instant offense and the spark plug off the bench that this team needed. All I've seen the box scores and he looks to be getting less than garbage time minutes. Has his skills dropped off that much or are the Rockets just saving him for the playoffs?

2. platypus

platypus Member

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I doubt the latter, but I still think he is a good scorer. I think it's what some other posters on here have alluded to, that maybe he was brought here to be the backup PG next year if Lin or Beverley is traded. If not, than it was a pretty pointless signing, and Morey isn't known for making pointless moves.

4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Have you not watched any games this seasons> We have Lin and Beverly. He was just insurance, although he's better than both the gaurds in front of him.

5. jocar

jocar Member

Is it possible to win MIP twice?

6. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

fixed it

7. body slam

body slam Member

Like many people in the Houston area no I have not watched many games or been able to listen to them on the radio after the sun goes down.

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Would love to see this line up:

P Bev
    Brooks
    Harden
    TJones
    Asik

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Lin > Brooks. Beverly > Brooks. Therefore, no Brooks.

10. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Brooks was just insurance. He wasn't going to see any significance minutes unless Lin or Beverly got injured. And Offense is not our problem. We can score against anyone. The problem is defense, IT SUCKS. That is where we are losing games. And if you give Brooks any of Bev minutes it will suck even more. He is the only guard that plays defense.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

beverely is in brooks' way. im not against playing both brooks and bev off the bench, if the opposing sg isnt too big. garcia and anderson aren't great backup sgs, so why not try brooks?

too late for that anyway. i suppose there are players that are too small for mchale's small ball

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Probably like TRob where he'll be more of a factor next season. AB hasn't sparked anything off the bench yet, and his shots are unreliable.

13. zilches

zilches Member

Serious? Or snark? It is hard to tell these days.

14. AFS

AFS Member

There's a reason he went from starter on the Kings to getting cut. His game has dropped off since that ankle injury way back when.

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

So you tellin me that Beverly or Lin going have a playoffs performance better than Brooks in 09?

Is that what u fools tellin me?!?!?!?!

We can bet money on that right now!!!!!

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He needs to be getting time at off guard in situations like when Delfino was throwing up air balls against the Lakers. He can still take over games offensively.

[​IMG]

17. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

He'll see some PT tomorrow once Bev fouls out.

18. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Brooks is the best pure shooter on the team. The best. The Rockets run an offense that is dependent on making 3's. Brooks is the best 3 point shooter on the team. The best. The last game the Rockets shot abysmally from behind the arc. You think McHale would figure out a way to get the best 3 point shooter on your team some minutes. Especially when you run an offense that depends on excellent 3 point shooting.

Okay I get he isn't the best defender but he is better than Ray Allen. Yes he is better than the old ancient Ray Allen and the Heat Manage to find minutes for him. Sometimes you have to give up a little D to get some O. Brooks is the best 3 point shooter on the team. The best.

Figure it out McHale. We are a team with little playoff experience. We have a guy with playoff experience. Not just playoff experience. He starred in the playoffs when TMac went down. He almost got us past the Lakers. There's got to be away Brooks can get some minutes. It's just stupid not to have worked him in before. It's probably too late now but Brooks is the best pure shooter on the team. The best.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

This isn't 2009, it's 2013. Do you think Brooks can play like he did in the '09 playoffs? He never played that well before those playoffs and never since. No way we insert a new guy into the rotation at this point.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

this is totally a thinking of a fan. I would like to play AB too but McHale won't do it easily barring injuries to Lin and Beverley. Period