1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has the greatest unrealized potential. The greatest upside.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by backwardhead, Apr 16, 2013.

Tags:
?

What player will show their greater "potential" during the playoffs?

1. James Harden

11.8%
  2. Jeremy Lin

39.3%
  3. Chandler Parsons

8.8%
  4. Omer Asik

5.3%
  5. Terrance Jones

27.3%
  6. Donuts

7.5%
  1. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

It how you interpret the poll. How do measure "Potential" w/o results?
    Jones average 5.6 ppg and 3.4 rpg during regular season. He one player I can easily see doubling his production in the playoffs and actually posting better TS%.

Harden not going double his stat in playoffs. I actually will be surprise if maintain same efficiency in playoff. Very all-stars actually improve their stat in playoffs. MJ and Hakeem are some of the select few that have.

2. Drunk_Goat

Drunk_Goat Member

It's got to be Lin if he has the right match up. Which if its the Spurs it will be very good (offenisively at least). Lin has proved he's more of a clutch player than a regular great stat guy. I'd rather have the regular great stat guy, but if Daryl hands us clutch players i'm rooting for clutch players.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

James Anderson

4. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

Royce White

this dude will produce babies nonstop, so his dick has the greatest potential

bahaha :p

5. zilches

zilches Member

Most of us have PhDs here. Some of us even know how to place a question mark at the end of a question. :p

6. zhaizor

zhaizor Member

and spell education

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

IMO, you always pick the guy with the most physical tools to have the most upside.

No idea why people would pick Harden, Parsons or Lin, they will only get marginally better from here on out.

8. koalaznbear

koalaznbear Member

Going on pure speculation, I'd vote for Jones. Sure, a lot of those players are already at a high level and will continue improving their skills, but those improvements will be marginal and linear. I think Jones has shown flashes of athleticism and raw energy that make me think he can make leaps in improvement.