1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 3/29/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2013.

1. instar

instar Member

He leads 3 pointer-assist in this team. You really can not say he's not hitting open man.

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed on Harden getting torched a bit, but it comes back to having another solid defender working with Asik (DMo is not there yet). What tends to happen is either Lin or Harden will have to drop back to help, so with smart players like Randolph or Marc they quickly pass it out and there goes 3 points.

3. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

For once I would say Mchale is at least fair to everyone. He did not just bench Lin and let other starters get away. Wither his coaching style is good or not is another issue, but when people say he dare not bench Harden and Parson, He will do it to show you wrong :)

4. Exel

Exel Member

In case anyone was wondering, Conley and Balyess combined for 13 points and 6 assists when guarded by Beverley.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You can publicly say how things should be while knowing the reality is this team does not play well on back-to-backs. And I believe he has said recently that he's probably been playing Harden and Parsons too many minutes.

Of course, I don't know what McHale was really thinking. Probably the main thing is he wanted to send a message to starters that he expects them to play with more effort then they've shown the last couple games.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's a load of...well you know.

The fact is great players beat the odds, that's why defenses double and triple them. SOMETIMEs when James drives into the lane and everyone crashes around him and he gets a and 1...it's much bigger than some guy hitting a open three because it tells the defense "I'm James Harden. I can score on your entire team when I want to." and the coaches have to adjust to it and Harden can then start hitting the open man.

Also he's more than a willing passer, you are just saying this because he doesn't pass the ball when you want him to pass the ball.

He was way too selfless tonight, I wish he would have been way more selfish because oddly enough when he's dominating the Rockets are winning..

7. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I've been trying to tell everyone...:grin:

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its hard to take posts like this seriously.

I'm done with this game thread. Hopefully the Rockets bounce back tomorrow.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...stgame-grades-and-analysis-for-houston/page/8

Even though its bleacher report its an interesting report card

10. zilches

zilches Member

Whether the decision was ultimately right or wrong, it clearly wasn't based on any desire to rest anyone. It was more a form of "collective punishment".

McHale doesn't think the same way you do.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Surprised you're arguing with him to begin with Durv o_O Dude is notorious.

12. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Of course he does hit the open man often. He's a good passer but he does have the ball more than anyone else so naturally he's going to get a good amount of assists. However he does have a natural shoot first, pass second mentality that a SG should have. I've observed however there are a lot of occasions when there is an open man but he is tightly guarded by 1 or more defenders and still shoots. He has to work on that but never gets criticism from Mchale which just hurts him and the team. Many CF have pointed out that the team does better with Lin as the facillitator and Harden as the finisher. Calvin Murphy has also pointed this out. Unfortunately the stubborness of the coaching staff is dragging down the team as they continually revert to Harden ISO ball.

13. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

I'm surprised I'm even bothering to debate with you who have been so wrong all year and continue to delude yourself that McHale is leading the Rockets to overacheive and that Harden is a superstar. It's laughable really.

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

No point in talking to him. He's just a crybaby that quit as a rockets fan because he was made fun of and cursed at (apparently that's what happened to him). Know how dumb his posts are, I can't say I'm surprised.

Let's see how the starters react tomorrow, sure will be fun to see

15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

If you hate harden so much, do you really think we'd be better off with Martin/lamb/draft picks? Do you seriously believe wed be better this season

16. OpportunityCost

Disagree and sort of agree. I don't think McHale is leading us to overachieve. If anything, I feel we have won in spite of him. I however do feel James is a superstar(this is a very vague, abstract term which I am sure could have different definitions for different people), at least on offense. He definitley needs to exert more effort forth on defense though and eventually adopt the mentality(if he doesn't already have it) that he needs to work on setting up his teammates and getting them going also - sorta like Jordan did later in his career.

17. ngazi

ngazi Member

If you do nothing on offense you probably still couldn't play defense for 40 mins.

1 person likes this.
  18. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

I guess the the rest of the starters are with Jlin now...They're unanimous in kicking Mchale out by means of not playing the way the coach wanted. Expect this kind of lacklasting plays by the starters. We can see from the eyes of these young men the frustrations. I didnt see the smile and enjoyment now in this team unlike before. It is really a head scratching for anyone to see how bad the rotation is, since then Mchale is experimenting...a bad move in catching the playoffs. These youngsters are talented but i dont think Mchale will ever see that because of his personal agenda...what is it? I dont know!

19. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

we need a legit point guard p beverly aint good enuf,
    aaron brook was sick back in the day hell still make a good back up pg i think
    jeremy lin... just trade him..if possible

20. JustaFan

JustaFan Member

If Miami had benched their starters for slow starts then that streak would not have lasted till 27. All I'm saying is give them a chance to redeem themselves. They have shown before they can explode and play harder from quarter to quarter. If Mchale wanted to rest the starters for the Clippers, he better hope they win. Cuz he just gave up on tonight.