1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 160] Mark Hunt vs. Junior dos Santos

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KingCheetah, Mar 10, 2013.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yep, Mark Hunt... this mismatch unlike others should be fun -- i'll be rooting for Hunt.
    _____

Mark Hunt vs. Junior dos Santos on for UFC 160

A day after UFC president Dana White said Hunt turned down a fight against Junior dos Santos at UFC 160, "The Super Samoan" got the fight he wanted following a phone conversation with White Thursday night.

As a result, Hunt will now meet dos Santos on May 25 in Las Vegas. White confirmed the news with MMAFighting.com Saturday morning.

When contacted by MMAFighting.com, an ecstatic Hunt called the opportunity "my title shot." Hunt, who denied ever directly turning down the opportunity, was pleased with the outcome of the call, as was White. They would not discuss exactly what they spoke about.

An opening presented itself for Hunt after Alistair Overeem pulled out of the fight due to a quadriceps injury. Immediately after the Overeem news broke, Hunt told MMAFighting.com that he was willing and ready to fight dos Santos later this year.

link

2. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

this is will be toe2toe.

3. Asian Sensation

They discussed $$$$$$$$$

Hunto FTW!!!

Not to say Junior doesn't hit hard but I'd rather get hit by JDS 5 times before I get hit by one of Super Somoans punches. JDS is an elite boxer and he does a good job of moving and he's quick but I have a feeling JDS is going to get caught and get KTFO.

4. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Good for Hunt to be cashing in on this one but a determined JDS will pick Hunt apart.

Speed, defense and accurate striking FTW.