1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Royce White highlights vs. Austin Toros (3/6/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Mar 7, 2013.

1. dragonz

dragonz Member

I too, think high PnR can be his game, he seems like pretty smart guy as a roller, so if the defense rotated properly, he can make the extra pass.

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I don't know how anybody can conclude Royce is garbage and can never be an NBA player based on a few games where he's playing out of shape.

He has many flaws, but so does most young players. And he's played a lot less than most college players.

3. steady

steady Member

Thanks for posting this. Reminds me why Morey drafted him.

4. jocar

jocar Member

He has basketball manic depression. Either plays real sucky or real great.

5. jocar

jocar Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PoqictThC5E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kT8kTZj4cak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    betta recognize!

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It looks like the adjustment is happening. That's good. The sooner he gets in shape, and used to competing regularly only then can we have an accurate analysis of the guy as possible part of the team.

I hope for the best, but I'm definitely cautious and guarded with regards to my hopes with White.

7. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Actually you would think that all Rocket fans would be hoping he get things worked out and becomes a contributor. Instead many would rather lob personal attacks at a 21 year old kid with a mental illness. I realize some of the posters are that young or younger but that doesnt really give them an excuse. Just a sign of the times I guess.

8. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

From what I've seen, White has a natural-enough, all-round ability on the court. He doesn't look uncomfortable out there at all. Inside-Out player. Can handle or not. Can rebound. Can guard around the hoop. At this point, his mental issues aside, he has a more complete game than any of the other rooks. His glaring at the refs is pretty funny, too.

9. SeabrookMiglla

yeah he needs to get in shape, that will take him a few months. thats the easy part. he does have a unique skill set, but i wanna see what kinda range he has. also he needs to get better at finishing in the post, his fade away jumper looks pretty smooth but he is just not making the shots. hes definitely got potential, but will he put it all together?

10. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Cant really shoot but he has good form. It's not like he has some weird release. I think he can become a good shooter IF he works at it.

11. seeingred

seeingred Member

no joke. anyone remember those passes Chuck Hayes could make from the high post to a cutting wing ? His offensive game really reminds me of a souped-up chuck hayes - great passer, clumsy post game, always getting his shots blocked, rebounding with his body instead of his hops. but every now and then - a triple double threat (chuck only had one).

the thing is - a souped up chuck hayes, offensively, is not all that great. it was chuck's defense that kept him on the floor. great leg movement and strenght plus quick hands that allowed a small PF to pull off the occasional David vs Goliath against bigger Centers. if he puts forth the effort, in a year or two, i could see him finding his way onto an nba court as an off-the-bench super-chuck.

don't know if it will be with us though.

12. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

Is it just me or does this guy look like he plays in slo-mo?

I particularly dont think he'll ever make it in the NBA. Just my opinion.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He really needs to lose weight / get in shape.

14. alX

alX Member

and his mic is clipping. turn down the gain or quit screaming into it.

white is way too slow to be a rocket.

15. Gertso

Gertso Member

Rice is going to cut the defit's.

16. haydenfisher342

I dont know what more i can say then "not impressed"

17. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Completely off-topic but does anyone remember the game in Chuck's last season in Houston against the Celtics @ Toyota Center. Garnett tried to pull his "tough guy" routine on the Chuckwagon. He's lucky Chuck is a nice guy.