1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justice Department's legal case for drone strikes on Americans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Haymitch, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That guy looks like the dad of the very first Caucasian.

2. NMS is the Best

Obama Administration Says President Can Use Lethal Force Against Americans on US Soil

Obama Administration Says President Can Use Lethal Force Against Americans on US Soil

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/03/obama-admin-says-it-can-use-lethal-force-against-americans-us-soil

The most telling part isn't that Holder gave a clear answer - it is that he didn't. He essentially dodged the question of whether the President has that right by saying as a matter of preference they favor using well-established law enforcement. He also dodged by giving examples of situations nobody is talking about (9/11, Pearl Harbor - when imminent attacks are being carried out).

Don't blame me, I voted 3rd party (Gary Johnson) because I knew Obama was going to push this crap on us. If Republicans nominate a libertarian leaning candidate like Rand Paul I will vote for a Republican for the first time in my life...

3. Major

Major Member

I've never understood why people keep suggesting things like this (or even more so, Ron Paul). Rand Paul disagrees with a huge chunk of Republican philosophy (especially on foreign policy) - why would they even consider nominating him? It would be like Democrats nominating Ben Nelson.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's out of the question. Republican politicians never stick to their supposed "philosophy" anyway, and voters just tend to go with whatever is said in Washington by the guy who has the appropriate letter by his name.

I think Rand is far more palatable to Republicans than Ron, so I could see it happening. Ron never really had a chance to be nominated, but Rand seems more willing to give in to party leaders in areas where Ron never would. Not saying that it definitely will happen or that I want it to happen, but could see it happening.

5. Major

Major Member

That's certainly possible - but if he just becomes your generic Republican to win an election, then he loses whatever crossover appeal he has to the NMS's of the world.

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Congrats Obama supporters.

7. trustme

trustme Member

So this means that out of nowhere, as I'm driving down the highway, my car can be blown up if the government suspects me of being a threat to the country?

8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Ted Cruz Gets Holder to Admit That Killing Americans with Drones on U.S. Soil Is Unconstitutional WTG Mr. Cruz!

#108 magnetik, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>.@<a href="https://twitter.com/senrandpaul">senrandpaul</a> is now quoting @<a href="https://twitter.com/ggreenwald">ggreenwald</a> in his filibuster.</p>&mdash; Nick Pinto (@macfathom) <a href="https://twitter.com/macfathom/status/309416868576366592">March 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. basso

Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden Joins Rand Paul For Historic Bipartisan Filibuster Over Drone Strikes <a href="http://t.co/W05PeI8qn3" title="http://bit.ly/YZ6iOe">bit.ly/YZ6iOe</a> (VIDEO)</p>&mdash; Mediaite (@Mediaite) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/309415532413714432">March 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. TheresTheDagger

Who in the hell could defend this?

I'm DYING to hear a liberal poster here try to do so.

13. basso

Supporting Member

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would they?

15. TheresTheDagger

Because they have always defended the Obama administration. Its cultlike.

16. basso

Supporting Member

17. basso

Supporting Member

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Yet none of us are doing this cult like thing that you're begging us to do...

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

That's what a majority of the country voted for and such.