1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republicans are terrorists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by da1, Feb 26, 2013.

1. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Ouch, man.

We need a ClutchFans party. It would never be crushed. :)

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except being apathetic just means that you tacitly agree to whatever the system is. You are complaining about a system that you have given your consent to by not doing anything to try to actually change it.

3. Nextup

Nextup Member

Voting republican or Democrat is not changing anything. Most times their are only two choices. The only answer is protesting and boycotts. Everybody thinks voting is the answer but wasting time to vote for something you don't believe in is not worthwhile.
    The people being able to change the political system through voting is a myth. Higher voter turn out wouldn't change political thought or political actions all it would do is further strengthen the two party system. By being apathetic you say that I'm tacitly agreeing to the system but by going out and voting republican or democrat I'm blatantly supporting the system.

4. Nextup

Nextup Member

Oh sure the internet is great but what's not great is the ridiculous cost. Having another monthly bill is not making my life easier. The government has failed us all. BTW the government doesn't create anything, the people create the government takes. You don't think government has failed us? Explain why the top 1 % have a higher percentage of he money then ever. Explain why the state of Texas alone has more prisoners then all of china has prisoners. Explain why us Americans work so many hours. Explain why our healthcare system is so broken down. Explain why European workers get so much more vacation then us. Explain why many Americans quality of life is so low. Why do Canadians and Europeans deserve a higher standard of living then us?
    The answer is simple because they don't give a f about us.

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Believe it or not their are other parties and while it is tough to get those elected nationally you can make changes on the local level. My city councilman is a member of the Green Party. There are state legislators in my state who are independents. My state not that long had an independent governor. I work on campaigns for independent candidates.
    I don't think you really understand how our system works. It is like that because most people are apathetic and don't participate in the machinery of nominations. People wonder why ideological candidates get nominated it is largely because those who participate in conventions and party organizing are the most ideologically motivated. Take for instance the Tea Party. While I don't agree with them they have clearly had an impact on which candidates the Republicans nominate because they heavily participate in the process.

By not doing anything you are just accepting what is happening. Your silent protester just means that no one running for office has to pay attention to you as opposed to a voter or convention delegate who does determine who gets in office.

6. Nextup

Nextup Member

Stop pretending that the system works. The system is too far gone. The tea party can do whatever the hell they want to do but at the end of the day nothing is changed. I can run out and vote at every election but that's not going to make a difference. This system has led us to a point where the gap in wealth is greater then ever.
    This system is not changed in voting booths its changed in corporate board rooms.

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

^^^ Quitters will never realize the power they had until it's gone. Too many are afraid to support candidate or party that they perceive as unable to win, and don't realize how many others share their ideals and disgust with the status quo.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

how can a guy complain about the government and the system and then go on and say how the government can and should mandate more vacation time??

how many of us really suffer from inhumane work conditions? this isn't Upton Sinclair's The Jungle or Foxconn here...

1 person likes this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, he's not paying the least bit of attention to what you posted, just as he ignored what I posted. Discussion with him is obviously a waste of time, which is a bummer. What disturbs me the most about this fellow is that he reflects how a significant minority of Americans think, in my opinion, and they couldn't be more wrong. The way to change things is to become involved in the political system. As you pointed out, the "tea party," whose philosophy I couldn't disagree with more, is a good example, and he just ignores that, dismisses it out of hand. The problem from where he sits is "the government." Well, our government is a reflection of our people. Nextup doesn't realize that the government we have now is as much a reflection of the disconnect of people like him as it is a reflection of people like you and I, texxx and Space Ghost. We don't live in a vacuum. Want real change? Get involved. It does make a difference. It's like that pebble rolling down the mountain that turns into an avalanche. Get involved, people, and for god's sake, vote in our elections. I vote in every election here in Austin on the local level, not just in statewide and national elections, and we have a lot of local elections in Austin!

10. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Provide yourself with healthcare and take responsibility for yourself.

So basically you don't wanna work as much and get paid more? Huh.

Look at how many hours a week Japanese work.

Hard work is a part of life, get used to it. Feel lucky you even have a chance to work. Daily wage is around 2$ in Kenya for a solid day's wage.

People will be in debt because they make bad fiscal choices and don't want to take responsibility for their choices. The government doesn't put people in debt.

The system is designed for people to work and take responsibility for themselves and their own choices and allows them freedom of how those choices will look.

11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

/thread

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Anyone else getting a mewogi vibe from nextup?

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is a really dumb thread. Punctuated by a series of really dumb posts by Nextup.

14. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Your verb tense is wrong in the thread title. Republicans were terrorists.

Republican terrorist:
    [​IMG]

Mainstream modern politician:
    [​IMG]

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Calling anyone in American politics a terrorist is a bad idea. There is a lot of negative things I could say about Republicans in general. But calling them terrorists is silly, and makes the use of the word to describe a real terrorist less effective.

2 people like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but I wasn't going to mention it. Maybe he's just a kindred soul?

17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If a newbie comes in to D&D and jumps right in, you know they're someone who has been here before. Too damn crazy up in here.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I have friends that are republicans, but I have to pretend that they're not. It's hard for me to believe that anyone could support such idiotic beliefs.

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

That word gets thrown around a lot. Terrorists try to instill fear in the mindset of the people they are terrorizing.

Red scare anyone? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Scare

By that definition the U.S. media is considered a terrorist.

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yep it's basically just complain and wallow in victimhood without doing even the simplest thing to try to change things.