1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I love this deal.

Robinson is averaging something like 11 points and 11 rebounds per 36 minutes in Sacramento - but we play more possessions. We have better coaching. We have a better locker room. We're a better environment.

And we have some of the best big men coaches in the league in McHale and Carroll Dawson. It also won't surprise me if he works with Dream or Moses some.

But all of that is if we keep him. I agree with those that mention he's an enticing prospect to include in a deal ala Derrick Favors. And that's true tomorrow but will be even more true by the next trade deadline if the Rockets can help this kid develop and progress in the next year.

AND we increase our cap room and add two second round picks?

Absolutely amazing.

Daryl Morey for President.

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

This is one of the comments from ESPN Thomas Robinson trade page that made me lol hard:

jrockespn
    Sources tell me my sources got traded for an unreliable source.
    1 Minute Ago

3. Charlatan

Charlatan Member

I'm inclined to agree, but even if it's a toss-up: There's 1 fewer PF in the rotation in front of TJ and Moti now. Shipping PP and MM out of the most crowded position for potential (TRob), cap space (1.5M) and roster flexibility (4 out, 3 in) is a win for the front office. I don't think the Smith trade is a great idea, but I'm happy with today regardless.

4. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

FINALLY!

Morley comes from behind his desk located in the asian marketing wing of the Rockets, takes his head out of his ass, looks around and sees that there are good moves to be made if you pay SOME attention.

This is a GREAT move.

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Sac make that trade because they win around 5 million (Douglas salary, 1,3 in cap ans 1 million cash).

And in the Suns trade, Morey cut suns cap space in 2 million.
    I think that can help us tomorrow. Teams how are over the cap, needs to trade with us or with Cleveland or with the suns with a smaller space

Plus we have more cap space next year

7. Swami

Swami Member

:grin: now that made me laugh out loud.

Great move for youth; rebounding & cap space.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

What did Jordan Hill turn into? Derek Fisher and what number draft pick? I think it netted us Terrence Jones some how.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

someone is compaining about Morey's lack of moves? :grin:

10. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Or Denver, who have a massive trade exception and 6+ mil under tax. they can absorb more than the Rockets.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Heard on the radio that Wexler said it was finally official.

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Awesome day for Rockets fans. First the trade. Then the win over OKC. Awesome, just awesome.

Garcia can nail 3s too and Im keen to see what Honeycutt willl evolve into?

Is Robinson really 6'10 though? I thought he was 6'8.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We got Harden our version of Durant
    JLin ... a more intelligent WB
    .... and Trob can be a small Ibaka can't he?

15. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Daryl Morey on Thomas Robinson: "He is a very high upside guy, plays with high energy, runs the floor, can rebound."</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/304462093636214785">February 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Morey continued: "He is a guy that has potential to grow into a top-level player."</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/304462168869441536">February 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Sounds like we're keeping him...but no one is untouchable in Morey's kingdom!

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

[​IMG]

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol Morey drafts undersized players but turns into bigger ones

19. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Somehow, I feel like you have had your head up your own ass if you can not recognize that Morey is known for making moves. ****, when Parsons is your longest tenured player, moves been made.

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Morey found Parsons in the second round. Second round pics are more valuable than you think.

1 person likes this.