1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windows XP?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by returningfan, Jan 13, 2013.

1. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I ran Windows 7 HP 32bit on an HP TC1100 tablet with 1GB of RAM just fine. Used it for surfing innernets just fine.

But on a seriously note, get a new computer.

2. returningfan

returningfan Member

Thanks. I'm not a computer person. I am a female Rockets fan.

I have read that XP has been the most liked OS of all.

I think I agree.

I "inherit" my computers and cell phones from family members.

No original disc for the 600m.

But funny someone should post about old cell phones.

As it happpens my cell phone also went wonky recently.

I got a new replacement cell phone - and I don't much like it either. My brother who is cellphone savvy couldn't figure it out either. He picked it out for me - and I am about ready to throw it over the fence.

FWIW the cellphone I had been using was a Samsung SGH-x497.
    Great little phone. I think the battery was fine - would charge and all.
    Worked great for years. Just for curiosity sake - why would it do its weird things - like not work when in my house. So I would have to go outside to use it - then after a few minutes the call would drop. ?

I have been wondering about that - amongst other things.

Of late I feel like I am living in the Bermuda Triangle with so many of my old and new things going wonky. Like my cordless house phone base won't keep that phone charged. The phone will go dead in the middle of a conversation.

The battery died on my watch.

When I open the door on my dryer the light does not come on and the clothes keep tumbling.

3. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Batteries don't last forever. Light bulbs don't last forever. Both are cheap and typically easy to replace.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Try Xubuntu or Lubuntu instead of Windows.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If you havent followed through on the decent advise already

I had similar experience with electronics & eqipment breaking down.

I'd say its happening for a reason. No its not solar flares interupting power grids and operations kinda thing..

Probably just means the things are old and dated

So try to get more updated newest replacements if you can. Don't try to do too much to salvage those things.

#25 Shroopy2, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013