1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher says Daryl Morey = David Khan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by seyton, Dec 27, 2012.

1. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Considering you are a ****ing moron, that doesn't mean anything.

2 people like this.
  2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

did we win the bud for jones trade?

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Seems to me like you're missing the big picture. In 2008, when Batum was drafted, we were in "win-now" mode. Batum was a 20 year old kid. Morey used Batum/Arthur to get Greene/Dorsey, and he used Greene/Bobby Jackson to get Artest.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Artest was the big picture. Morey has an excellent draft history. I don't think Patterson has hit his ceiling, but who should he have drafted instead?

Morris over Fareid was a mistake though.

5. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

ric bucher can lick b@lls.

6. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

gingers should be exterminated from the face of the earth.

except for christina hendricks and faye reagan.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think that currently, the only GM's who you have an argument for being better than Morey are the following:

Popovich
    Presti
    Riley

That's about it.

Aside from the other points made in this thread such as the difference in where Morey has been picking vs. where Kahn has been picking, this is also the first year the team is really all Morey. And in a single offseason, he moved all but 3 players from last years roster, turned us into the youngest and least experienced team in the league, and instead of being worse, we're arguably better than we were last year. AMAZING!

That said, I don't think Kahn is nearly as bad as many make him out to be. Either that, or Adelman has a lot of say in their front office moves now. Because that team is definitely a really promising young team. AK47 and Shved were great signings this year.

There are definitely worse GM's out there. Hell, former GM of the year Joe Dumars has been absolutely awful post championship roster (and he inherited a good deal of that team). The guy blew his wad on Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon for crying out loud.

They've been rebuilding for years and aren't nearly as far as long as we are in year 1 of the rebuilding process.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not a good start to the post....at all.

Morey is actually quite good at basketball. Ask the media about thier 3v3 tourneys.

Where do you even get this crap?

Rafer -> Lowry -> Harden
    Landry -> Martin -> Harden
    Brooks -> Dragic
    Greene -> Artest

LOOK AT ALL THESE LATERAL MOVES

Yes, the Rockets should probably not pursue free agents, that would be pretty stupid. Also, a mango shake? Really?

Riley had nothing to do with it, it was all Wade and the city of Miami. Riley's accomplishments include drafting Beasely with the 2nd overall pick, and wasting away the Prime of Wades career. Riley is a below average GM who is incredibly lucky.

Morey just delivered us a 23 year old superstar without having a single losing season. That **** was flat out magic.

I am not even going to break this down. Far and away the dumbest post I have read on this board recently.

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

nice post, but just ignore the troll because it's funnier watching him waste time lol

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fair enough. that's a good point.

11. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

Mchale drafted love and pek... He has covered his ass. Bucher can go suck a fatty

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Ric Bucher? that dude hasn't been relevant since he left BSPN. He is just upset that he doesn't have it easy anymore.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Saying that you don't know why Kahn gets worse media portrayal than Morey because they've both made good and bad moves is like saying you don't know why David Carr gets portrayed as a worse QB than Matt Schaub because they've both had some TDs and some INTs.

14. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Someone mentioned the "lateral" moves.

And yes, they were in effect lateral, but we incrementally gained the advantage until those lateral moves turned together into a great move.

Trading Dalembert + the 14th for the 12th to draft Lamb doesn't seem like it's that great.

Trading Lowry for a lottery pick (likely to be around 9th or 10th) isn't that great.

Trading JHill to the Lakers for the Mavs protected first rounder wasn't that great.

But then when you are able to use all of those in a move to get James Harden from the OKC Thunder by combining them with Kevin Martin... you really have to give the GM credit. I wonder if other GMs would've given a ****. It seems like Morey is more active with stuff like that than other GMs who would probably think "I'm just moving up 2 picks and giving away a starter on his last year, whats the point?". He does a lot of these "no risk, low reward" moves that eventually were what allowed him to trade for Harden.

15. TheresTheDagger

Something tells me that Bucher himself is "victim" of this type of unfair criticism of GM's who don't feed him insider info.

I've also noted he seems to be particularly critical of the Houston front office in many of his critiques. I personally hold little respect for his writing or opinions.

16. alethios

alethios Member

God, I love this post. Morey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Khan

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Rick needs clicks, so he has to show some cornball skin.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Don't forget him trading Courtney Lee's Bird rights for Charlotte's (very high) second rounder.

And, while it didn't directly relate to getting Harden, he also recently turned expiring contracts of non-rotation players (Thabeet & Flynn) and a second rounder (in a draft in which Houston already owned multiple picks) into Marcus Camby . . . got some VERY good minutes from Camby . . . then traded Camby's Bird rights for Toney Douglas, TWO second rounders and $2 million straight cash money!

19. joepu

joepu Member

I can't think of any GM who does a better job than Morey when it comes to squeezing maximum value out of his assets.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's pretty sad that arguably the two best players Khan has on his team... were drafted by the Rockets COACH. He can't even out-draft a head coach with 4 top-6 picks, much less our GM.

Also, I'm quite happy that Morey has a lot of media bias towards him. This can only be a good thing as the NBA these days is just as much about selling your team to the players as anything else.