1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

6th grader brings Gun to school to prevent attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 18, 2012.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

IT wouldn't be easier. Cost. I'm still all for it. States should put a cop in every school. Better there than under a bridge catching speeders.

#21 tallanvor, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's so sad it's almost hysterical. But then it's depressing.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't any of you get tired of being anal retentive political role players on this BBS?

4. VanityHalfBlack

What in the hell???

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This, of course, is completely insane. Which makes sense that it is something that Gov Perry and the gun-nut repubs would want. Teachers are already overworked and overstressed. They are educated to teach kids. And you want them to now become armed, with some amount of training (far less than peace officers receive as an ongoing part of their jobs) to somehow defend the schools and kids from armed assailants.

No wonder the GOP is becoming less and less of a part of normal discussion.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Here's an idea for every classroom, replace fire extinguisher for gun?

[​IMG]

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

As professional as cops, they have killed many many innocent people with their guns.

If guns are banned, cops will definitely be careful with their guns.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Where's my kid? The third grade math teacher accidentally blew him away. Sorry 'bout that.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The cliche that goes "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is a bit repetitive around the pro-gun folks. But statements like this remind me why. It seems the anti-gun people, who have no real knowledge on actual gun ownership, seem to believe that its the guns that make people crazy. "Oh wow, I bought my very first gun today. For some odd reason, Im finding it difficult to refrain from going to a mall or my work place and shoot it up".

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

We don't need bigger government. If there is a cop at the front, they will go to the back door. Brilliant.

Let's raise all the school property taxes to go with NoBummer's 39.6% income tax. Millions of jobs are created for the GOVERNMENT, while the private sector falls apart. Keep sucking money from the private sector and increasing government.

Let's create the Education Security Administration and hire millions of ESA officers. They can install x-ray machines and hire perverts to grope the children and teen students as they enter schools. Federal employment increases by 100k, while the private sector lays off millions.

Let's continue transferring wealth from the private sector to the bloated public sector. It will decrease the unemployment rate with the new federal jobs. Bigger government is the answer to everything. It's worked for the last 4 years. Let's do more of the same. :rolleyes:

#30 BetterThanEver, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We know what enables people to murder 20 kids with ease in an elementary school. It's pretty hard to murder 20 kids in a school with a semi automatic assault rifle when you can't buy or steal a semi automatic assault rifle. We don't need much logic to figure that **** out.

12. Major

Major Member

Nonsense. What anti-gun people realize is that guns enable people who go or are crazy to act on that. I don't think it's too difficult to grasp the concept that if you have access more lethal weapons, the results will be more lethal - that's the whole point of making weapons that are more lethal.

a nuke > a tank
    a tank > a rifle
    a rifle > a handgun
    a handgun > a knife
    a knife > a fist

Lessen the weaponry, lessen the carnage. That said, whether you can reasonably lessen the weaponry is an open question. But it's silly just to dismiss basic concepts that we all know to be true.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

exactly. Not everyone who has a missile is crazy enough to use it. Does that mean people should be allowed to get missiles? We acknowledge that that level of firepower can't be trusted in anyone's hands and is unnecessary. The crossroads we have come to now are similar, we are coming to the realization that we don't need to be able buy semi-automatic weapons...

14. VanityHalfBlack

Jesus Christ, these kids are lost!!!!!

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

A small woman can not protect herself with her fists against a big male. Nor can she really with a knife. With a gun she can. That's why the line is drawn there.

#35 tallanvor, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It is silly when you use gross exaggerations. You and I both know that the vast majority of people are not advocating the use of missiles, tanks, grenades, fully automatic or short burst weapons.

What anti-gun advocates such as yourself don't understand, simply because you all refuse to get out, use these weapons, and fully understand their capability, is that rifles are not necessarily more dangerous than pistols. If you want to advocate that all guns should be banned, I understand that reasoning. But don't act like banning rifles going to make that much more of a difference.

If assault rifles are banned, anti-gun advocates can shout a hollow victory. In reality, it does very little. (like Obamacare). You're better off finding better ways to prevent these types of situations.

17. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Based on what? Teachers get overstressed and have bad days, but so do cops. Human beings of all types are susceptible to stress and snapping. Cops have never been different and even abuse the use of non-lethal weapons, like lasers, killing folks as a result. Aw hell, they may even go Rodney King on you and beat your ass mercilessly.

Also, if guns are banned do you think criminals won't obtain them? Cops will still be on edge because each traffic stop or door they knock on is a moment where they are risking their lives.

18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

When will daycare kids carry guns?

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The second amendment brah... "I'll give you my gun when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands"

[​IMG]

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Guns don't make people crazy, but guns act as the tool that crazy people carry out these horrific events.
    What's worse? Teacher going mad and physically assaulting students with fists? Or pulling out his gun and carrying out another mass shooting.

Do you know how crazy gun-nuts sound? To counteract gun violence, we need to increase the capacity and potential for more gun violence.
    I'm not for the banning of guns, but you guys are definitely insane. "Let's give everyone a gun!" Nope.