1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Rockets were winning with Lin playing. And he was playing well.

So yes, the Rockets still won THIS GAME, which is great. But perhaps you should try to be less short sighted and see the broader, wider picture and consider the longer term also?

How does benching Lin when he's playing well help the Rockets' as a team and a franchise? Since you are a 'true rockets' fan' please educate the rest of us.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I hate Garnett.

But that embrace at the end of the game warranted some props and respect.

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Because he is out there with Harden?

4. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Don't know how coach is still doing what's he's doing, while going through this. Him and KG are really close since Minny days.

5. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

too be honesty I dont want to see Lin start...whats the point in having him out there when he is being used wrong?

seriously if he is going to be a shooting guard I would have rather the Rox didnt poison pill the Knicks

in the end does it matter if he is out there or not? dude is going to get traded before his contract expires/ or as an expiring contract

6. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Marcus Morris was shooting bricks out there but his rebounding made a huge difference for us

1 person likes this.
  7. Damion Laverne

That exchange between McHale and Garnett made me cry. Just heartwarming.

8. TheChosen01

TheChosen01 Member

Honestly, I think Kevin Mchale and the rest of the coaching staff is trying to blackball Lin out of the league.

9. Scola4life

Scola4life Member

Judging by Delfino's 2 assist - 5 turnover night, he's the secondary ball handler smh

10. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Damn did anybody notice that Parsons nearly got a Triple Double

11. Gil

Gil Member

This is the second time I've cried today. Man, heart goes out to McHale.

12. nono

nono Member

They clearly want a shooter rather than a pg playing with Harden. Douglas just does that much better than Lin. I think Lin can feel his career slipping through his fingers on the bench in the 4th quarter for every game.

13. torocan

torocan Member

Tough sight seeing McHale breaking down. Gotta feel for the man.

As for Lin, I think it just boils down to they don't really have any idea what to do. Same problem they had with Amare/Chandler/Melo. Too many overlapping skillsets, and I'm not sure McHale and Sampson are creative enough to maximize both Harden and Lin together.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see and hope that they figure it out.

14. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Imagine how much it would suck if Knicks win it this year?

15. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Get out of here.

I'm a Rocket fan and a Lin fan, I think he should have been in the game instead of Douglas but I don't wish anything bad on the Rockets.

16. Nook

Nook Member

What did Lin do? Shoot 2/6 from the floor and pass up open shots. I don't like Douglas but it was a 4 point game when Douglas stayed in over Lin and scored 7 pts down the stretch. McHale made the right call tonight.

17. howo13579

howo13579 Member

I hope he's in the transition making Lin the 6th man. Go big Blue from Lex.

18. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Please fire our entire coaching staff. It's inexcusable not to play Lin in the fourth quarter. Sure we won but the idea is to develop our best team and mesh our best talent.

These guys have no idea how tobsynthesize an offense. It's hard to improve when the coaches ae so short sighted.

19. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

oh my god, you guys are so ****ing annoying. we won the damn game. can't anybody be happy for a change? .500 again you stupid people. with so many damn turnovers we beat the celdicks.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It was good to see Harden get a rest at the start of the 4th.

He looked fresh and drained a huge shot, something i've been waiting to see Harden do is make these big shots in the 4th. It's the only thing he really hasn't done and that is likely because how often they play him and tonight he had about the right number of minutes I felt.