1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/7/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 2012.

1. rocketsmetalspd

The team is stuck with what they have but Lin should not be out there as a starter right now. He defers too much to Harden and does not look confident in his offensive game.

2. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Exactly.

The first time TD went out there tonight he was -9 in 5 minutes. At one point he was -27. Thank goodness for garbage time it looked better at the end of the night.

Unless you have a better solution, it's Lin by default. His shots are not falling but he's doing other stuff to help. The coach is not adjusting the plays to make Lin shine, so Lin will just have to continue practicing and learning, and in the meantime there's nothing we as fans can do.

3. TMilner

TMilner Member

Totally embarrassing. Rockets didn't have a clue tonight. Since they are all so young and inexperienced,the coach should play whoever is showing they deserve to start. IMO, Lin comes off the bench

4. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

People who want Lin benched don't see his value on defense....... His defense is a major reason why this team has won 9 games thus far.

If we start a PF who can at least set screens, both Harden and Lin will be more efficient from the start.

5. Alex L.

Felton bounced back in the Knicks system which Lin excelled in. The Rockets are playing the opposite of the Knicks system.

Lin has accepted his new role. The fans/haters have not.

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Shirley you can't be Sirius!

7. teebone21

teebone21 Member

I don't think you have watched any games, lin has been benched at the end of games so Tony can play defense

8. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Morey's got to trade for a better backup pg who can take more minutes from Lin. You could pseudo start Lin, for PR purposes, but play him mostly with the bench.

9. leslie

leslie Member

Lin took two rebounds away from Asik in the first quarter. No Spurs players were around them when they fought for those two rebounds. If Asik had those two rebounds, he would have led the Rockets in rebounds again.

10. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Ty Lawson for Lin problem solved

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

for the sake of everybody (the team, fans, and himself), i sure hope this is not what his new role's gonna look like

12. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

You bet I am serious..........

Maybe this team should bench Lin for 20 games, and then see how many games it wins.

13. teebone21

teebone21 Member

We will lose to the wizards if we come out like this

14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

just trade lin and all his LOFs to whoever still wants him. everybody will be happy

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

yeah, maybe they should. lin certainly isn't playing like a starting pg right now

16. rocketsmetalspd

No need to be too harsh. Lin just needs time to adjust and coming off the bench for a few games will do him well I believe.

17. Alex L.

Go tell Morey and the coaches.

But what can they do? It's Harden's team now and rightly so.

Oddly I like the Lin now better than the Lin last season. Last year he had a lot of flaws in his defense, turnovers, decision making, left hand...

He has improved in all these areas. He is a much more all around player now. His shots are not falling but it's something that can be worked on and will come back. It's not like we're expecting to win a championship this year so just let the kid grow. He's adjusting.

He struggled in his first year at Harvard too but the next 2-3 years he broke lots of Harvard records and lead them to another level.

18. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Good thing lin only has 3 year conteact

19. mesta

mesta Member

There are three things that changed Rockets's fortune in this game
    1. When asik missed his lay up when we were down 11-16
    2. When The bench came in and was owned by spur's bench. Asik and smith combo were proven to be uneffective.
    3.When we were down to 8 points in 3rd Q Popovich called a time out. Up until then Duncan was only able to score once when asik was on the floor. Spurs played one two pass with Duncan to shake asik off him and it worked. Perhaps Popovich noticed that Asik was easily fooled by Parker's fakes. Popovich showed that he was way better coach than Sampson.
    I am a fan of Asik, but i won't hesitate to say that he played poorly tonight. and he must bounce back to prove that he is good center

20. Alex L.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Good news: play again tomorrow. Big games from my bros @<a href="https://twitter.com/joakimnoah">joakimnoah</a> and @<a href="https://twitter.com/dlee042">dlee042</a>. Congrats.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/277264646031949824" data-datetime="2012-12-08T04:13:37+00:00">December 8, 2012</a></blockquote>