1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stern wants to end Hack-A-Shaq Tactic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SK34, Dec 7, 2012.

?

Is this right thing to do?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. No

187 vote(s)
    91.7%
  1. SK34

SK34 Member

2. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Maybe these professional players who are paid millions should learn how to make a wide open shot. I hope they keep on hackin.

3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Stern is what needs to end.

4. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Geez why doesn't David Stern just hand the championship to the Lakers.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You think Stern would be worried about Hak-A-Larry Sanders? Nope, because he plays for the Bucks in Milwaukee and who cares about them right?

Stern is pissed because 2 losses to his flagship franchise the Lakers are so closely tied to Hak-A-Dwight. Here is a thought Stern, if you don't want games to come down to that strategy then tell the player to make a freeking free throw shot. If Dwight just hits a paltry 60% of his shots then teams will stop with the Hak-A-Dwight strategy.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

rigging the league so Lakers win

Hmm that never happened before

FU you scumbag

7. chongx04

chongx04 Member

It's not entertaining to the average fan, so it makes sense that he'd want to remove it. It's probably better for the game in the long run, but I think there's better methods to possibly fix it rather than making every off the ball foul in the penalty the same as it is within 2m, maybe just do it at the 4m mark instead.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

who's nando de colo?

9. plates300

plates300 Member

It's not entertaining to the fans? Yeah quit using the fans as an excuse. Multi-million dollar players should be able to knock down free throws.

10. supdudes

supdudes Member

I think the foul victim should have the option of just inbounding the ball from the side.

Hack-a ____ makes the game even more boring, if 30 second commercials and frequent timeouts weren't already enough

11. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Shaq forced the league to make rule changes too. Unfortunately, Howard is doing it the wrong way.

12. supdudes

supdudes Member

This ain't Ali's rope-a-dope. This NBA players hugging another and walking up the court to shoot two FREETHROWS while standing around.

You may want to watch it, but I honestly don't know why

13. Nook

Nook Member

The NBA really is compromising their product, they are pushing it too hard as entertainment and not sport or competition. Really have to be careful, once that happens many people will stop watching.

14. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

*David Stern

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

why wasn't this a problem during our hack-a-hayes era :confused:

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Maybe if Dwight can practice his free throws he wouldn't have to worry about any of this

17. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Cause people loved watching his amazing form ;)

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This is bull****. If Greg Smith with his huge hands can shoot free throws why the hell can't Dwight who is getting paid 20 times more than him.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This didn't seem to be a problem when Dwight was in Orlando.

3 people like this.
  20. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

There were a lot of players who were just as terrible at FT like Howard. But they all improved on their FT shootings. Howard has been in the league for 9 years and he has yet to improve on it.

Why punish everyone else just because Howard is too lazy to work on his FTs and help him. He's a professional, let him deal with it, not change the rules for him.

If Stern wants to end this, he is again being ridiculous and not thinking this through. Stern has always changed the rules in the past when players have so much advantage over everyone else that Stern change the rules so it would give others a chance at stopping those players (Barkley rule, Jordan defense etc)... But this one, he's changing the rule to help Howard and the Lakers out, not everyone else.

This kind of crap pisses me off because its Howard's fault for not working on his FTs so other teams exploit him for that. Its basketball, opponents are supposed to exploit your weaknesses. That's why there are off-season where you can work on your weaknesses like FTs. I remember not too long ago, Tiago Splitter was a terrible FT shooter like Howard, in the high 40s percentage. But unlike Howard, he worked on it hard and now in the 70s percentage.

So basically Stern is punishing the NBA because Howard is too lazy to work on his game and by doing this, he's just doing a big time favor to help Howard and the Lakers. But if he does change the rules, I'm not surprise at all.. I just can't wait for Stern and his tyranny rein to end once in for all.