1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Cell Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 21, 2012.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Same song, on repeat.

I dont know why I bought 4 iphones in 4 years...but this is getting ridiculous.

Switched to the Samsung SIII and plan on sticking around with Android for a while. At least, until Apple can think of something new.

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

If you live in Memorial or spend a lot of time in Memorial area, then don't switch. :eek:

3. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I agree with the first part. I'm a big Apple fan and strictly use their products but once I bought the New iPad then a few months later they come out with the newer iPad, that rubbed me the wrong way.

I just upgraded my girlfriends 4 to a 5, was going to do the same for myself but am now thinking about just waiting for the 5S.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

In fairness to Apple, I went from a Galaxy S to a Galaxy S2.

I don't feel it was worth it.

The S3 failed to even get on my radar.

5. Hak34

Hak34 Member

The leaps in technology and advancements between the 1 and 3 are staggering.

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

digitimes doesn't have that much credibility but...some of the stuff they said were true. Time did an article about it.

http://techland.time.com/2012/05/14/digitimes-apple-rumors/

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Totally agree.

I went from an S2 to a S3. Way better.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Phone technology still hot?

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Wish I had waited for the Lumia.... looks amazing, and so far the iPhone 5 has been less than impressive.

10. Chopped

Chopped Member

anyone get a shipment confirmation for nexus 4 in the Houston area? Mine is still pending.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Well, I just ordered a Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Super Mega Ultra Aspergers Edition phone from Amazon. Got a decent discount. ($149 as opposed to $299 retail)

Also ordered a Google Chromebook from Tiger Direct. Hoping to use these two together for a long time while traveling and out-and-about on Verizon.

Fak u Sprint.

12. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Have had an upgrade for a while. was going to get a Galaxy SIII on Black Friday, but I just found out about the Droid DNA. I have verizon. Is the DNA my best option right now?

Was waiting on the Nexus 4 for a while, but I'm pissed off that Verizon isn't offering it so my upgrade would be useless

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think between the DNA and Maxx HD, those are probably your two best options for Android. Of course the S3 is still a great phone also.

Here's a review of the DNA. http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/16/3653508/htc-droid-dna-review

Apparently according to the reviews, the battery life underwhelming on the DNA.

There's also the new Galaxy Note II which I've heard is a nice phone.

14. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

How does this work for existing Verizon customers? I kept getting error when I entered my info.

15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I dunno. You'd have to call amazon. I'm a new customer.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Post your feedback on that phone when youve played around with it for a while. That phone interests me.

17. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

They said that price is for new customers only.That's a good deal for that phone. Maybe Verizon will have a sale for black friday.

18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i'll be able to tell you by 10:30 tomorrow morning. verizon wireless pushed back the delivery of my red htc windows phone 8x, so i cancelled it and ordered a droid dna instead.

getting a lot a different reviews with it's battery life. some say it's good and others say average. should be a good morning tomorrow. :)

19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

got it (htc droid dna) about 20 mins ago and have to say...

...holy hell. easily the prettiest phone i've seen and it seems really thin the way that the sides are tapered. any vid you've seen online won't do the screen justice. yes, you can tell the screen is better than any other phone (including any retina display) out there.

will see the battery goes for the next few days. also keeping a lookout for an s-off solution in the next couple of weeks.

again, damn... everything on this 1080p screen looks like wet ink. :eek:

#299 OmegaSupreme, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  20. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I was still using the iPhone 2g when the iPhone 4 came out. That phone was rock solid. I upgraded to the iPhone 4 when it was going for $100 with an upgrade and I'm not planning on upgrading soon at all. My gf has the iPhone 5 but I don't see it worth the $200 + upgrade.