1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recommendations for Inde BMW Shops in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Medicine N Music, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I need a 100k service on my 5 series, but the inde shop that I use said it would be 2,500-3,000 for this. The price is actually not the biggest concern; the owner didn't want to tell me exactly what this entailed and told me "there's too much to list, so I don't have time for this". As a customer, this is not what I wanted to hear even though it may be a little bit of work for him. The only reason that I drive 100 miles roundtrip [I'm in SE; shop in NW] is because his crew really knows a lot about bimmers.

During my research, I found out that there isn't really a "standard" 100k service and each dealer may do their own thing. The main services will be to replace the spark plugs, filters, and change out fluids, but there are other items that are optional such as the timing belt, serpentine belt, radiator, water pump, engine gasket, MAF sensor, etc. This is basically anywhere from 1k-6k worth of maintenance items, so I'm just really surprised that he didn't tell me what he was going to do.

Does anybody have recommendations on places that have expertise on bimmers? I looked up Motorwerks and Eurocar Werks and both of them have pretty good ratings on google.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

North Houston Beemer - Alex - 281-288-8200

1 person likes this.
  3. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Is it an E39? I say do it yourself and save a ton of money. You can get everything you just listed (OEM parts) by online vendors for under 700.00. Check out ecstuning or autohausaz. I owned a E46 330I and did everything you listed plus more labor intensive work involved. These cars are very easy to work on.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

there was an old thread on this and i remember these recommendations.

Bemer
    Sylvio's
    Auto Tech Pro
    Autohouse of Switzerland

1 person likes this.
  5. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll check out their reviews. Thanks.

It's a E60. I appreciate the advice, but I really have no time for DIY (work 70 hrs + interviewing for med school). Are E60s easy to work on also?

I think Bemer has had some really bad reviews on google, but I haven't heard of the other 3. I'll definitely look up some info on them. Thanks buddy.

6. jaykay

jaykay Member

The e90 facebook group/e90post.com houston group mostly take their cars to M-Power (somewhere near Fondren). From what I hear, that place is great with dealing with both stock and modded BMWs and euro cars from all model years.

I've had good experiences at Key Autowerks in the Medical Center area. They are great with dealing with the extended warranty company that I use for my 335i. They're definitely cheaper than the dealer, but from what I've heard, M-Power easily beats them in pricing and turn around time.

7. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Hijacking the thread...any suggestions for Austin? Wife's car just got out of warranty, etc...so need to find a non dealer option..

8. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Sports Car Repair 5711 Star Lane (near 59 and Chimney Rock). Recommended to me by a friend, I have only been once, but was super impressed with quality, service, and price (came in less than the estimate :eek:). Great reviews online. Check it out.