1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was that the worst call in NFL history?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by rolyat93, Sep 24, 2012.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that's what I get from that post. Sounds like you're defending the replacements by pointing out screwups by the regular officials. I don't blame anybody for putting that as the worst call in NFL history, especially since it went through review and still got called wrong. Only took 3 weeks for them to drop that turd in the punchbowl, that's a once in a lifetime bad kind of call for the regular refs. i.e. Phil Luckett mishearing Bettis on the coin toss, Hochuli changing the result of a game on a blown fumble call with DEN/SD, etc.

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

Two horrible pass interference calls against the Eagles on the Giants final drive. Could have easily cost the Eagles the game had the FG kicker not missed. If these were replacement refs it would be scrutinized to no end, but these "real" refs get a pass because nobody seems to be talking much about it other than Mike Wilbon on twitter.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Nobody's giving anyone a pass for anything. Bad calls are going to happen in every game.

The real thing the replacement refs were getting criticized for besides the blatant INT call in the Seahawks game at the end are basic NFL rules being missed or being called the wrong way. You'll never get perfect refs, there will always be missed calls. With the replacements though, they showed a tendency to make a lot of them, and also to implement some of the wrong rules (Saw at least 6 or 7 games where a few college rules were implemented).

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

2 bad calls is better than the countless(and I mean countless) number of bad calls by the replacements.