1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which rookie will McHale clash with first?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Sep 25, 2012.

?

Who will be the next anti-McHale?

1. Royce White

26 vote(s)
    19.8%
  2. Scott Machado

65 vote(s)
    49.6%
  3. Terrence Jones

20 vote(s)
    15.3%
  4. Jeremy Lamb

23 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. Donatas Motiejunas

28 vote(s)
    21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. r0Xsh0w

r0Xsh0w Member

Does anyone else feel that McHale royally screwed us in the last 12-15 games last yr?

Can anyone tell me why we were struggling in the beginning of the season last year?
    -the answer is because we had no legit centers.

After we acquired Sammy D AND Camby - who were both veterans BTW with at least 10 years in the league- the Rockets franchise was was gaining momentum and quickly making their way up up UP the playoff list. I, along with many of you out there I'm sure, was on CLOUD 9.

Toward the end of the season we went on a HUGE 6-game away trip winning 5 of those away games against OKC Bulls Celtics and a couple other leading scoring teams.

WHY WHY WHY would McHELL not play our big guys and go back to the small lineup that DID NOT WORK AT THE BEGINNING OF LAST SEASON??

WHY WHY WHY did McHELL let us fall from #4-5-6 playoff spots to all the way out of the conference playoff run?

Can somebody help me out, I don't want to stop watching the Rockets but I can't watch while the coach sabotages (what's left of) our team this year.

:mad:
    AGAIN.

:mad::mad:

2. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Definitely Lamb. In college he had the propensity to look only to score and forgot about defense and finding his teammates.

3. Arthurprescott2

And all of his comments are based on inference (pronounced speculation here) rather than actual evidence. Pretty sure OP is setting McHale up to be the scapegoat (pointless since he naturally will be anyways as the coach) when one or more of OP's rookies flounder. *cough* Machado *cough*

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I see that many of have picked Machado to be the one. I honestly think that all the work Macho has been putting in over the off season will benefit him when it comes to securing a spot in the rotation.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The majority of posters here were speculating that McHale was having problems with Lowry, Martin, Morris and others. When your only two true centers on the team are questioning why they aren't on the court during crunch time in the season, that usually hints to them having a problem with the coaching decisions. It wasn't just for a few games either.
    Whether there is evidence to back these comments up or not doesn't matter because anyone who watched the team last season could see it for themselves.

As far as there being a scapegoat, i, like everyone else here was excited about the possibility of seeing our #14 pick play last season. When he didn't get to play and the #38 pick did, i was cool with it.

6. butterball

butterball Member

All of our rookies seem like the type that knows better than to stir up trouble, but if it did come down to it, I'd go with Machado.

7. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Poor Machado, getting picked even before any of the games begin. Price of being famous?

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

There seems to be a noticeable amount of posters who don't get along with you. Is that abnormal?

Dragic, Lee, Scola, and Parsons had no problems with McHale and praised him effusively.

Martin was upset because he was on the trading block. Lowry was upset because he was too smart for his own good. Budinger was upset because of his yeast infection.

Seems to me that real men are down with McHale.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I picked Lamb. I'm not sold on his mental toughness. Couple that with the high expectations of him and I think McHale is going to ride him too hard and damage his rookie year growth and production.

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

You can just brush it off.

It certainly was abnormal enough for McHale to actually come out and admit. But it's all in the past and I believe by admitting he had issues with players is a step in the right direction.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Any player who isn't mentally tough enough to bounce a ball up and down does not deserve to play or be allowed to grow. He should be ridden to the brink, until he either makes a man out of himself, or else give real men the opportunity to play in front of him. You don't coddle rookies, not if you want to find out who the real players are when the chips are down.

#31 CXbby, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  12. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I dont know why so many people picked Machado. This is called the 'badlee affect.' :grin:

Did you know we still have Livingston and Douglas on our roster? My money is on Livingston as our official backup PG. Douglas and Machado will fight for the garbage minutes.

There is a strong possibility that Machado will start the season in the D League.

13. trowa

trowa Member

i just have that feeling its terrence jones lol

14. butterball

butterball Member

Lamb just looks too laid-back to cause trouble.
    Jones seems overly cautious.
    Royce sounds really personable and likable.
    Donuts and McHale already seem to be on really good terms.

As for Machado, from his interviews, he sounds really eager and passionate. I can see him getting really upset if he doesn't get PT.

15. fattz

fattz Member

I went with Donatas Motiejunas he will get his PT at the center and he plays like a 7' small forward that likes to talk smack (Howard can't gaurd me --> they have tv in FL) --> KMH is old school load the paint... the paint... the paint. It is going to be fun to watch.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes. Very much so.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The reason so many are picking Machado is because they are hoping that Lin gets all the glory at PG. Lin will get the majority of the minutes, but Macho will work his way in.

18. amaru

amaru Member

Machado had the nerve to suggest that he may eventually be better than Clutch Fans lord and savior Jeremy Lin.... lol :rolleyes:

19. amaru

amaru Member

Oh and I forgot to add that Machado is a racist Afro-American who refuses to allow Lin into the exclusive Afro-American club that all black NBA players are a part of including Carmelo Anthony and Tim Duncan. :)

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Since this is McHale's first full draft and training camp, it is possible that no drama goes down at all. After all, these rookies seem to be level headed and encouraged to work with him, so far.