1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raising Cane's or Chick-Fil-A?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 25, 2012.

?

Raising Cane's or Chick-Fil-A?

1. Raising Cane's

59 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. Chick-Fil-A

120 vote(s)
    67.0%
  1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

i've got a Cane's and Chick-Fil-A on the same street about a few blocks from each other. I tried Cane's when they first opened as did everyone else in town it seemed like (everyone rushes to the new fast food restaraunt when it opens). I didn't care so much for their high sodium (I'm assuming) sauce and prefer country gravy (which they don't have and they are selling chicken strips? are you freaking kidding me?). Therefore, if I want chicken strips, then I would go to Whataburger. But, I noticed Cane's barely gets any traffic now among all the fast food restaraunts around. Every time I drive by that place...it looks like a ghost town with noone even in the drive-thru. Chick-Fil-A still gets all the traffic and screw trying to go there during the work week lunch hour.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Chik-Fil-A for their breakfast food.

3. Nero

Nero Member

I don't go to Chick FilA for the strips. I will go there for a nice chicken sandwich, reg or spicy, either way, it's good. And the waffle fries are awesome AS LONG AS they are cooked properly, hot and fresh, and not soggy.

Cane's is good also. the strips are bigger and more like the strips you would get at a fried chicken place. Plus the Texas Toast is usually really good too, and you get the slaw too. As long as their fries are cooked properly, they are good as well, but still not as good as properly done waffle fries from CFA. However, Cane's is too stingy with their sauce. A 3 or 4-strip meal and you give one tiny little plastic cup of that sauce? Seriously? And you want to charge fifty cents for another one? It's enough to make me want to stock up at CFA next time I am in there, and then bring a bunch of them in with me next time I go to Cane's.

Popeye's can be good, and you have the plus of being able to have some red beans n rice, but you just never know what you are going to get when you order strips there, it makes it so that I hardly ever want to risk it. Plus, they never can make up their minds what kinds of sauces they want. A Cajun place with no spicy mustard? Really? Come on Popeye's!

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hate the sauce at Canes and the strips are just fine to me, nothing special.

If I'm getting fast food chicken strips I'm going to Popeyes for their naked strips.

Chick Fil A's spicy chicken sandwich wins over Canes also.

I live in close proximity to a Canes, CFA and Popeyes. Pops and CFA are always crowed. Canes is never crowded.

5. Surfguy

It's the Cane's sauce! It drives people away! :grin:

How can they push that one sauce as THE sauce? They need more sauce options and a gravy option...and I would be back.

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Neither. If I want fried chicken, I go to the Barbecue Inn or Frenchy's.

7. ILoveTheRockets

Raising Canes is just simply awesome. I have been eating there for years, and it never gets old.

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Member

Raising Canes is the ****

but Chick-fif-a Lemonade and Waffle fries you can't beat em

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Why would anyone make their choice of chicken place about something other than the chicken?

Good thing we know exactly how all other CEOs feel about issues we care about.

I'm all for Gay Marriage and Civil Rights....but until someone else comes up with chicken that holds a candle, I'm sticking with Chik Fil A.

I am wondering when they'll do the obvious thing and include spicy chicken strips.

When I tried Raising Cane's, it was very disappointing. Maybe I'll give them another try.

10. ILoveTheRockets

The Canes in Texas aren't nearly as good as in Louisiana. But they do have some good ones in Houston(if that's where you are). But not ever Canes here is good, only a select few.

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

When I first tried Cane's a few years ago, I was also disappointed. I ate there once before yesterday and I wasn't impressed. But yesterday when I tried it again, with the lemonade. I fell in love. I don't think I tried it with the sauce the first time.

12. Rasputin12

Rasputin12 Member

13. Surfguy

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bush's Chicken > Raising Cane's

1 person likes this.
  15. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Half off charitable deal for (2) locations->$8 for $16 at locally owned Chick-fil-A

https://www.voicedailydeals.com/r/good-nutrition-good-value-16-for-8/x:d4c4w284

***10% of all sales from this deal will be donated to the High School for the Performing and Visual Arts (HSPVA) in Montrose. ****

NOTE: Valid only at two locations: 5001 Beechnut St., and 2715 SW Freeway at Kirby Dr. You must choose your location at check out.

16. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Half off charitable deal for (2) locations->$8 for $16 at locally owned Chick-fil-A

https://www.voicedailydeals.com/r/good-nutrition-good-value-16-for-8/x:d4c4w284

***10% of all sales from this deal will be donated to the High School for the Performing and Visual Arts (HSPVA) in Montrose. ****

NOTE: Valid only at two locations: 5001 Beechnut St., and 2715 SW Freeway at Kirby Dr. You must choose your location at check out.

About This Deal

Houston Press Note:
    As part of this VOICE Daily Deal, The Houston Press and Jesse Chaluh's Chick-fil-A stores will be donating 10 percent of all sales to the High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in the Houston ISD. This deal allows us to show our support for local businesses as well as raise money for a good cause, the talented students and teachers at HSPVA. So we hope you take advantage of this deal to enjoy some good food, and help out some deserving kids in some sensational programs as well.

Franchisee Note:
    Each Chick-fil-A is independently owned and operated. At our locations in Houston, we strive to serve great food in a timely manner and a clean environment with excellent customer service. We welcome all customers and select team members regardless of race, religion, or sexual orientation. We do not elect to be a part of a political agenda. We simply want to serve great food with compassion to all who visit or cater with us. We would appreciate any comments about corporate please be addressed to them directly. We also encourage you to get to know the independent owners of each location, before passing judgement on them. Thank you for respecting our independently-run business as we respect all who visit us.
    Jesse Chaluh
    Local Owner/Operator

Heed the Chick-fil-A cows' advice to "Eat Mor Chikin" with VOICE Daily Deal. Today's deal is valid at the Highway 59 at Kirby Drive and the Meyerland Plaza locations only, which are owned and operated by 25-year Chick-fil-A veteran Jesse Chaluh, a graduate of U of H and former Houston Restaurant Association President.

For years the burger has been stealing the limelight at parties and generally being obnoxious in forcing its way into people's hearts. However, the humble, yet flavor-packed chicken sandwich doesn't need to put on a song and dance to get people to like it and knows it will soon win the people over with its inherent flavor. Pay tribute to the unfailingly delicious and completely unpretentious chicken sandwich at the mecca for such eats, Chick-fil-A. Fall in love with chicken for less with today's deal of $16 worth of food and drink for just $8.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

ChickeNow in the mall...

I love cane sauce and hate the fact theyre so stingy on it but chickeNow gramma sauce defeats it... its superb...

Also not a big fan of chik-fil-a... i think theyre overhyped... the chicken is not that goood to me, i prefer whataburger and even dq over them...

ChickeNow>>Whataburger>>DairyQueen>>Chik-Fil-A

18. Granville

Granville Member

I don't like either that much but Canes food is terrible. The strips and fries taste the crap they sell at Sams.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah I had it recently and was disappointed. Lanes in College Station, that's good stuff.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've been wanting to try that.