1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doubtful. The writers of this show love Chekhov's Gun and the ricin isn't gone; Walt just obscured it. So, really, the "gun" in this instance has yet to be fired.

And Walt has left proof of this - how easy would it have been for him to get rid of the small vial of ricin and call it a day? He can't quit anymore. Hubris is now his dominating characteristic and he can't throw away the (non)smoking gun that he used in the takedown of Gus.

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Is it rape if they're married?

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Member

I feel like Hank might know something about the laptop when he said he sneaked a peak before it went into the evidence room

But i have a suspicion the new Meth cooking will take place at the car wash imo

but wow the last scene was very uncomfortable...i didn't like it Walts a pretty creepy dude

4. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

When Hank's boss was talking about being friends with Gus and how Gus was a completely different person who was right under his nose, they did a close-up shot on Hank.. and it seemed like Hank was starting to come some kind of realization... perhaps about Walt. I really liked that scene.

Anyways, I think Mike's character is the best (or least annoying) in the show right now. Really, they can kill off any other person, even Walt.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

In that scene, Hank said that the laptop was super encrypted, so he doubted anything could have been discovered anyways.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

IT wasn't meant to be creepy. It was meant to be romantic, Skylar is just an awful actress.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_THmEfqsclc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

The interogation scene between Hank and Mike was tight. TIGHT. TIGHT. TIGHT!

9. JD88

JD88 Member

Mike is a cool cat. He played that perfectly.

10. gah

gah Member

LOL, I think I see what you did there.

Skylar is so hated that instead I find myself feeling sorry for such an annoying character, maybe I don't hate her because it's been long since I stopped rooting for Walt. I thought she was going to break bad completely as well but these first two episodes seem to reveal that she, unlike Walt, knows how much she burns people when playing with fire, I think she's on the brink of deciding to cut ties with Walt for good, but seeing how things are developing maybe Walt will coerce her into staying quiet.

Count me in on the club of the impatient, I wish I waited until next year to binge on the show, could have been one intense trip of instant gratification.

11. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Member

That was great!

He had no emotion on his face the whole time until his back was turned to them in the interrogation room

Lol it was awesome mikes the man

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

His speech about taking half measures in season 3 to Walt is still my favorite monologue from any character in the show. Such great acting.

13. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Member

I think thats what they want us to think...idk i might just be looking to much into it

anyone think the meth lab will be at the car wash?

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hank still in the dark about who is paying/paid his bills?
    being he is such a super investigator et al.

Rocket River

15. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

16. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Hahaha, I totally agree, Tuco.

Lol I never even thought of that!! It makes total sense though as they were struggling to find a location to agree on.

I'm surprised no one has yet commented on how powerful a scene it was when Jesse "found" the cigg in the Roomba. That was such a heart wrenching scene for more reasons than one. And once again, Jesse/Aaron shows how fascinating his acting chops are. This episode was so powerful...

For the first time in the series I feel tension in my heart as the story develops haha. Of course the entire season is a ride, but although I can't stop watching, I almost don't want to continue.. Sort of like the apprehension you'd get as a kid before entering a haunted house attraction. I LOVE IT.

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Good point. This and the episodes after his girlfriend dies in the end of season two...those had really feeling his pain.

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which, to me at least, point to the final showdown being between Walt and Jesse. While both criminals, Jesse has not compromised his own soul to get where he is - he was a dealer before he hooked up with Walt. Once he finds out how Walt has emotionally manipulated him and inflicted all of this pain on him (Jane, Brock, etc.), he will get even. Jesse is still human, despite everything Walt has done (while destroying himself in the process).

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Jesse is the only one left with moral fiber...well Mike too I guess. Walt destroyed his family and himself while trying earn for them, but much of it was driven by his on ego. Walt is all an act now and Heisenburg is the true self. At least after he let Jane die, Walt was still there, saddened and concerned for how his actions affected Jesse. Walt was still there in The Fly episode when he was on the brink of confessing.

In the beginning, Walt only killed because he had to save his own life (the guy with the broken plate), then he let someone die for his own good, then he killed (with much less jitters) to save Jessie, then he killed just to win (after not being able to run, but also choosing not to turn himself in and choosing not to be middle class). Remember, Gus wasn't guaranteed of killing Walt, and Walt could have just sold his business and moved...but after losing his money, he snapped. I think that's when Walt died for good, at the end of Crawl Space.

20. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Crazy to think that Jesse was supposed to be killed off in Season 1. Who knows where this story would have gone if Vince Gilligan didn't change his mind.