1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

More than likely they are waiting for resolution on the Asik/Lin signings to be matched/no matched, and the paperwork to get approved on the Scola amnesty. Even if there was a deal in the works, it probably wouldn't get done until Monday at the earliest.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

What do you mean? Scola's contract runs for 3 more years. We freed up capspace with the Scola amnesty, that capspace would be useful when the next franchise fire sale come up, or maybe we can finally use to that to keep our FAs instead of having them leave for other teams.

3. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

Ok relax everyone. Even espn is now admitting that this is the list of assets we have at our disposal, not an actual offer. On the 2pm sportcenter Marc Stein just said they would not give all of our assets.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

How do those clauses you quoted say that we can't extend and trade Howard during January or Feburary or that we can't S&T trade him during the offseason?

5. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Well, to be fair, I said GOD NO (thats not the trade) and that if it were, it would make me VOMIT! So, if you're gonna quote someone, make sure you that you actually...now wait for it.....INCLUDE the ENTIRE quote. You know...just for fun.

As for draft night, I hate to tell ya this, but the SAME deal will ultimately play out in almost EXACTLY the same way. Nothing has changed other than cold feet and changing pieces. And I'm not gonna send texts to friends of mine every five seconds asking them for updates because some 15 year old fanboys can't take a **** into their Rocket Red toilet without b****ing like babies!

To the rest, what can I say, sorry draft night didn't work out the way that WE wanted it to...but it ALMOST did. As you can see by the pursuit of DH12, too much time and effort was put into that deal that night to throw it all away. Yes, we were supposed to make a splash that night. But it didn't happen, and I'm sorry for even hinting that it might...but it sounded like it was done. If you had any idea how close it actually was, you'd crap! I mean it was DONE!

But if ya think about it, if Daryl Morey was on here(.......IF..........), he could've told you to your faces what he was trying to do THAT night and he would've been wrong on EVERY COUNT.

Let me spell it out for you, I CAN NOT SAY EXACTLY WHAT IS TOLD TO ME. Clutch has pulled more stuff OFF the BBS from me than has been posted by me for being too specific. What can I say? However, lately, there have been SO MANY routes that it all gets changed up. Should I wait until I get the J. Feigen offical phone call, "You may report now."?

When you get older, get married, deal with crap, somehow Dwight's future millions doesn't mean quite as much as it used to. So, if I hear something, I'll post it the best I can. Probably cryptically...if ya can't relax a little and just take it for what it's worth then just go finish your homework or something or maybe resume your LIVE12 game with that kid from Tulsa or maybe complete that photoshop of you standing next to Jessica Biel! Your call...

In the end, you're going to be happy. Sorry that it didn't come on draft night...but all I can say is, hmm.....how bout, "Waaaaaaaah!!"

Now go outside and play grab a$$ in your flooded street and remember, when you slip and fall and go under the water, try using that opportunity to see what it feels like to sometimes just shut the #%^* UP! (Advice in a nice way!) haha...relax...I'm just playin'....

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  6. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

YAY!!! They are actually on the Rockets side! Does this mean that Bucher is fired from ESPN? :eek: Please tell me it is so! :)

7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Hope the Nets, Lakers or somebody comes in at the last minute to make a Dwight deal.

8. RocketFan

I hope not. :mad:

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Get the **** outta here with that bull****.

1 person likes this.
  10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Yeah, there is no way I saw Morey giving everything while taking back all of Orlando's garbage. ESPN just doing what they do and sticking it to Houston.

On ESPN radio last night they were (finally) discussing the Rockets as a trade partner for the Magic in the Howard sweepstakes. This is what they said after mentioning Scola being amnestied, "ORLANDO, Please, Please, Please, Please give us Dwight." Just like that.

11. RocketFan

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

U mad?

I'm trying to rebuild with our current guys, not send everyone out for a one year rental who doesn't wanna play here.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

[​IMG]

14. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Picture... Thousand words.

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Rack him. Great take.

It sounds like the whole draft day scenario unraveled when Kidd-Gilchrist went #2, and then Dion Waiters went #4 -> pushing Thomas Robinson to Sac at #5. The whole D-Howard deal was continent on Houston bundling the 12 and 16 for the #5.

The #5 pick would have been used on Drummond who would've been shipped to ORL along with the #18 and Kyle Lowry (to TOR for next yrs pick).

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Doc Rocket tellin it like it is.

17. Dukefan

Dukefan Member

I'd love for the Magic to be screwed over come next offseason when Dwight signs with another team and the Magic are left with nothing.

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

This. He's only the 3rd most valuable player in the league, nbd.

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

PWNED... FYI... I have been saying that exact same thing... your tweets and posts were almost exactly what we TRIED to pull off and ALMOST did... I think thats funny you basically said exactly what I did.

He follow me on twitter I was going to DM you to come defend yourself lol

megastahr

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rebuild? with mid lotto picks? Yeah, I'd rather rebuild with Dwight or if he leaves rebuild from nothing.

People scared to gamble but pissed when Morey didn't tank earlier?

A bunch of cry baby, bi-polar, butthurt kids in here.