1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 148] Silva - Sonnen 2

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Commodore, Apr 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. VanityHalfBlack

Lazy to create a thread but Munoz got K.O badly by some other dude who is undefeated and looks to get a title shot for the middleweight crown... I'm waiting for the event to surface on torrent sites but yeah Munoz got demolished...

2. Beavis Stiffler

I think Hector Lombard will be next if he wins his fight via KO or tapout on the Faber-Barao card July 21 next Saturday.

3. sew

sew Member

lol at "some other dude." Weidman is a beast and was the favorite going into this fight.

The referee botched this one, he should have stopped the fight 5-6 punches earlier. Was brutal.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Completely forgot the Munoz fight :/

5. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

His name is Chris Weidman

He is a Jon Jones type like talent, and was ranked uniamously as the number 1 overall prospect in 2010 by most MMA websites. Jon Jones and Rory McDonald are the only other fighters in the UFC who were probably more heralded coming into the UFC, with more hype.. Jones of course probably the biggest talent in UFC history since BJ Penn

He has the talent to reign for a long time in the MW divison, and has been very confident about beating Anderson Silva if they ever fought.

Here is a video from 5 months ago claiming he could finish Anderson Silva. Funny how i had to search youtube to find this video, and most people thought this guy was joking, i dont think it sounds as funny now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iZMIwmqz7gs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

7. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Damn. The Filipino Wrecking Machine got wrecked.

Too bad that in the Philippines they were hyping Mark up like Pacman. There was even a show wherein chump actors who "do" MMA jumped in and "analyzed" Munoz's fights. Pretty hilarious.

That said, Weidman v. Lombard would be nice to watch. But as I said before, even if Anderson doesn't want to, he can retire now.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

WTF was the ref doing?

He sat there and watched him pound on Mark's face for WAY too long.

9. VanityHalfBlack

The dude was already out from the elbow, Not sure if White would like to look at the tape again and maybe fire the ref for this??? I mean damn it looked exactly like the Ray Mercer/Tommy Morrison K.O, LOOK!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iNqlKmAO3_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

That's exactly what I was thinking.

11. sew

sew Member

Doubt it, since Rosenthal is one of the better refs in the business. He ****ed up good here though.

Refs should be fined for botching this badly.

12. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

White was pretty pissed on twitter after this fight about the ref not stepping in early enough. Is it the UFC that controls these refs or is it the Athletic Commission?

13. Tmac1Yao11

Tmac1Yao11 Member

The Athletic Commission

14. Beavis Stiffler

Hey at least it's not Nevada or Texas.