1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

So what will you say when DH walks at the end of the season and we are crippled by those contracts? :(

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Wow... SMH

Nah!! I prefer to keep our young players, then to have a one year rental of a guy that doesn't want to be here, and who will come with a load of bad contracts!!

3. thekad

thekad Member

Literally thinking about amnestying a starter to possibly rent an injured player who doesn't want to be here and will leave as soon as he can.

Yeah, four dimensional chess.

4. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Risk worth taking for the best center in the nba.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Any contending team I want Scola on do not have te cap space.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I have this giant s**t eating grin on my face.

The mongoose gonna git em.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I say no. In order to compete with LA, Miami, and OKC, we have to take a giant leap, and that means acquiring multiple all stars. We won't be able to do that if we are saddled with all those bad contracts. Instead of the 14th pick we'll end up with the 18th pick. Sorry, that just doesn't do it for me. It really does sound like a set-up for being the Orlando of the east.

We've got the leverage, not Orlando. We need to take a hard line. Personally, I'd rather get Bynum for cheaper.

8. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Well said my.friend....also

clutchfans = where everybody jumps on the rockets and morey bandwagon when we get Dwight and pretend like they were always in support of it

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Right I mean what the hell could take so long? Um here is our deal.... Let's see... I need 4 months to think it over. What the hell is there to think about? It's his best and only option.... Its either take the rockets deal or get a mid first rounder next year and watch Dwight ride his happy a$$ off into the sunset.

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Clutchfans can't make up their minds! Most people always tell me your not going to win anything without a star, and now we're getting one and everyone is upset?

11. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Snt for bynum or tank?

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tank mode achieved. No problem with that at all.

13. vick

vick Member

Just like in childbirth.Theres got to be some pain to get the baby.

14. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Damn, he's so loyal then we do him like this

15. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

If we have to take on all three of those crud deals, we'd better not have to give up a king's ransom in deals too. If I see Lamb, White, and 4 first round picks going out, I would be beyond ticked. There should be no way the Magic should get all that cap relief as well as a ton of our young talent.

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

For the people saying just get Howard, who cares about 3 dumps we have to eat to get him, you understand we become strapped for spending cash and cannot afford to team him up next season with another star.
    I am no cap expert, I guess we may have enough to offer Howard a max and offer CP3 a max. I think teaming Howard up with Paul is the only chance we have of getting him to stay, so someone please tell me!

17. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

This is a bluff, we are after Bynum

Rockets get Bynum, Richardson
    Lakers get Scola, Howard
    Orlando get Martin, Gasol, Draft picks

18. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

The snag in this deal if I were to guess is this:

Just like in baseball how when you make a trade you EITHER pay more money or give better prospects, Morey/Hennigan are probably discussing that.

Morey is giving the option, if you want me to take all 3 bad contracts you aren't going to get assets back (just a few expirings and a pick or 2), if I take back less bad contacts, you'll get more assets.

19. teebone21

teebone21 Member

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

20. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

So u think Howard will walk away from 58. million and go elsewhere?.. u don't think morey thought about this already?