1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Those three contracts are a deal breaker for me.

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

So is this potentially our roster?
    Brooks
    Jrich
    Parsons
    Dmo
    Dwight

Hedo being 6th man

Not too bad.

3. Know Your Role

I welcome our new Orlando Magic Overlords and will only offer my loyalty and service.

1 person likes this.
  4. supa

supa Contributing Member

Me too. If we take on all 3 of those contracts, we better not be giving up the farm to land Howard. We will not have roster flexability left this year or next and nothing to trade to make the team better.

5. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Morey better watch out because this sh** is bound to blowup in his face. If he takes on all three bad contracts (Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Duhon) plus trades away all their draft picks and young players he totally screws the team for the next 5 years if Howard leaves.

Plus, why would Howard stay on a team with no cap space and no other superstar to play with. Due to those crappy contracts and zero assests to trade Morey will have no means left to pair Howard with another star player. I dont want to hear about BK, NY, LA not having any money to sign him.....every year there are teams under the cap and I would bet big that Howard will find a team with the cap space to sign him to a max contract that is in a better position then the Rockets after this lopsided trade.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Today on 790, Van Gundy felt certain that Dwight would sign with the Rockets long-term... if he just got here.

I can't say I'm excited about that until I know the price...

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who is going to play PF?:confused::(:mad::):rolleyes::eek::cool::grin::eek::p;)

1 person likes this.
  8. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Where is step 7....let me help
    step 7. Trading DH to the rockets

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

no, you can't re-sign and amnestied player until the life of the contract that you terminated is over.

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

No, we couldn't re-sign or re-acquire him for the entire length of his contract.

11. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Who the **** does this Henny guy think he is? Yeah go ahead and wait unitil October.... You still have only one option: the Rockets.

At this point, I'd love to see Orlando get nothing, play the full season with D-bags, and then have him leave next year as a FA.

Kinda want Morey to tell Henny to go pound sand, and good luck finding a better offer cuz it ain't there!

:mad:

12. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Im pretty sure Morey will have something in the works. I still think he would look out for the best interest of the team even if it means saying no to the magic's demands at the end.

13. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

And that's why I thank God you are not the gm. and Daryl morey is

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

[​IMG]

If we take on bad contracts and lose all our young players and draft picks we're gonna be ****ed for the next 5-6 yrs!!!

If we take on bad contracts we need to balance the trade out by minimizing the amount of assets (picks and young talent) going back to Orlando.

1 person likes this.
  15. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Dmo??

16. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I would be unbelievably sad if we had to cut Scola. Not only is he my favorite player on the current squad, I've always thought that he'd be the perfect complement to Howard - providing passing, serving as a low post threat, can clear the paint and knock down 18 footers consistently as well. His weaknesses (defense) is more than covered by Howard's defense. I seriously cannot think of a better complement to Howard that's available. We will have a very hard time filling those shoes, I think. :(

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

A bunch of you acting like pansies man. Scared of getting Dwight coz of a few terrible contracts. Just get Dwight, then we'll talk.

18. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Right, I get that, but what contracts are we supposedly taking?

Davis, Richardson, and Turk?

Those are all multi year deals (I'll check exacts in a sec) that will realllly limit any maneuvering needed after this season in order to entice dwight to stay.

Also, giving away youngs and rooks really doesn't coordinate with him caring about the future

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Duhon, Quentin Richardson, Redick--those are the 3 vets I'll take back. ;)

20. Possum

Possum Member

Hold up there Jimmy. No one knows what they are asking for yet.