1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Las Vegas is a go -- 8 cfnetters so far

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jun 30, 2012.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

if this happens, El Hitman and I will upgrade the suite to the 2-story Villa. You tell him I have 50% down on that upgrade.

$1700/night.

And I might not return from Vegas....but I will be the last man standing...lol

[​IMG]

more photos

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/las-vegas-hotel/suite-tower/spa-villa-suite-1-2

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

nice it even has a sink for space city to wash his junk. You think of everything heypartner.

What is the approx per person looking like for lodging?

3. heypartner

sorry about the oversized picture. Obviously this is like getting cfnetters to buy two luxury boxes at TC for two games in a row. We would need much more planning, since plane tickets are involved.

Unfortunately, the suite we have at $300/day (on weekends) is the cheapest until the next upgrade is the picture I just posted. That's the cheapest. lol

So, I'd say 10 people comfortably easy...next to the pool (which would be free vs the what? $40 they charge just for the pool)...$170 each/day. I say that is golden...but we don't have any time to plan this.

We did not think Morey would have to keep all his rookies. This idea started right after the draft.

And, yes, Anthony Davis might have to go to NT tryouts, although if I were the NoLa coach, I would try to stop that.

4. heypartner

for the adjoining room idea...that is $60/day for 5 people to share. But seats are limited to just two more people to commit.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

next year I am definitely going.. I'm bummed that I can't go this year :(

New job = no time off

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I get into Vegas with my wife on July 17th. I'm not sure if you guys will still be there or not. I'm trying to check our schedule to see if we can see one of the games.

We're staying at Caesars.

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I'll definitely be there and I'll be going to a few games.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Cool to see so many of you head out there. I'm planning on going... making travel arrangements now.

Anyone know if there is a decent hotel easily within walking distance? I'm trying to compare the cost of that to the cost of any hotel + rental car (best rental car rate I've found is $260).

1 person likes this.
  9. Agent94

Agent94 Member

It would be fun to meet some clutchfans. I'm going to look into going. It's been a couple of years since I've been to Vegas.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well anything walking in the July heat of Vegas won't be really decent, though it might be doable. UNLV isn't far from the the strip. If you walked out the back end of the MGM Grand you'd be about 3 1/2 LONG blocks west of UNLV. Both of the areas where the games are held are right next to each other. It's definitely walkable in good weather. It's walkable in the summer to, if you don't mind being a little sweaty when you arrive. But just walking from parking to the arena could accomplish that as well. Hard Rock is probably the closest hotel to it.

Hotels should be a good deal during that time of the year as well.

1 person likes this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm flying in Sat. morning (the 14th) and leaving Tuesday morning (the 17th). Staying at the Luxor 3 nights cause it's cheap and is in a good location (sat., sun, mon. = $191 including tax).

Here's hoping Morey doesn't trade away all our young talent before we can watch them play.

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

damn, this sux. i'll be in vegas from july 5th through the 9th.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What hotel did you book? Clutchfan Kwame lives there. He's a good Vegas guide

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I live in Vegas and spend at least a couple days at the summer league... In addition to watching Rox prospects, the best is hangin out and seeing whose in the bleachers... Chatted with JVG (when he was our coach), Elgin Baylor, McHale (with Minnie), Ainge, RA....really a good time...

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

saw Dwght Howard his rookie year and still have my Chris Paul autograph from there... so yeh....scrubs....lol

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I will be there but staying at Bellagios. Comps.

17. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i am considering going... i wanna see these guys play!

18. vince321

vince321 Member

Summer league is a great experience. I got to chat with mark Cuban, saw Lin vs
    Wall and partied with some of the players. Had a table next to A couple of the
    Players like Udoh and Tabeet, lol

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That sounds awesome. Wish I could make it.

20. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Wanted to come to the Friday game and bring my son (6) and maybe meet some of my cf.net brothers...but the UNLV ticketing policies are killing me. I have no qualms about paying $22 and $12 for both of us...it's the fees that are killing me.

Facility fee ($3.00 x 2) $6.00
    Service fee ($5.05 + $7.50) $12.55
    Delivery charge (emailing the tix) $2.50
    Order charge (wtf) $3.50

Total in fees: $24.05

What the hell UNLV/NBA? The fees are more expensive than an adult ticket.

Have you guys bought your tickets and did you get hammered with the same fees? Are walk-up tickets usually fee free? I can't believe how bad the feeing has gotten. It's not like we're going to see proven all-star caliber talent either. smh.

Oh well...maybe I can score some cheaper tickets somehow and get to hang with you guys for a while.

1 person likes this.