1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Budinger dealt to Minny for #18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThaShark316_28, Jun 26, 2012.

?

Chase Budinger for the 18th pick -- Do you like this deal for the Rockets?

1. YES

850 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. NO

114 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

To that I say "who cares". You think Dwight/insert other superstar name is gonna call up Chase and ask "Hey whaddya think of Morey?" You really think Dwight/insert other superstar name cares what a bunch of role players he really doesn't know what they think of the Rockets GM?

2. NickLewis

NickLewis Member

Although the info is sketchy.. possible trade talks with kings?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No way, because if that happened the Rocks would tank and we would have a very high pick next year.

Win win !

DD

4. AbrahamLincoln

It seems more likely that role players don't want to come to Houston because they will be treated like an asset in our never ending quest for a superstar. And Superstar type players wont come here because we don't already have one. Every GM uses non superstars as assets. To act like it is only Morey being a devious nerd from MIT harming our image is wrong I think. All GM's are devious nerds using players as they will.

5. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Time will tell, DD. However, if we come up with a true center (Drummond or Leonard) plus a quality backcourt player, then I won't be quite as unhappy. However, I don't trust Morey to get this done. I look for him to keep blinders on while seeking "the splash."

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

so now 14, 16, and 18.. wow, thats an embarassment of riches in the middle of the 1st, and in the deepest draft in years is impressive

that being said, of course we wont be drafting 2 mid round rookies, and undeniably points that there will be a dramaticly different roster after draft night

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

i'm simply saying that budinger's quote only brings stronger credence to the possibility that players don't exactly love him.

which do you think is more accurate: my "extrapolation"? or "no, no...what budinger really meant was that, well, the rockets are in the gutter now, so of course nobody would ever be safe with this team"?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I would hope it means that all non-superstars understand they can be traded at any moment if it means the team is getting better (or shedding salary, etc.). Just like nearly every other year in the history of the NBA.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

rather Martin for #18...Budinger's salary is less than $1M.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Rockets Add 18th Pick For Chase

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--s...s-20120626.html;_ylt=A0PDk0AL2ulPqDEAAw05nYcB

As the Houston Rockets prepare for a run at Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard, they've secured another top 20 pick in the NBA draft, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
    The Rockets traded forward Chase Budinger to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the 18th overall pick in the draft, giving Houston the 14th, 16th and 18th picks in Thursday's draft.
    The Rockets included the rights to Israeli Lior Eliyahu in the deal with Minnesota.
    Budinger, a second-round pick in 2009, developed into a solid performer at small forward for the Rockets. At 6-foot-7, he averaged 9.6 points and 3.7 rebounds for Houston last season. He'll have a chance to play significant minutes for the Timberwolves.
    [Marc J. Spears: Weber State's Damian Lillard will make name for himself after NBA draft]
    Houston has been undaunted by Howard's private insistence that he wants a trade to only the Brooklyn Nets or Dallas Mavericks, sources said. Houston is willing to make a deal for Howard, believing it can convince him to re-sign before he becomes a free agent in the summer of 2013. Rockets GM Daryl Morey has been determined to use the assets on his roster to secure a high-level league star.
    Houston will work to flip those three picks (14, 16 and 18) into higher picks that could be used for an impact player out of Thursday's draft, or to further sweeten a deal for Howard or another league star, sources said.
    Howard had back surgery in May and will be sidelined throughout the summer. He bypassed a chance to become a free agent this summer but has shown the Magic no indication he wants to re-sign with them long-term after another falling out with the organization near season's end.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

In before the lizzock.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

would you rather have the $9 mil in salary that would have to come to Houston in return?

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You think? In before the lock

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

16. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

DH12 even for one year = Badass !!!!

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

What a great deal. I'm impressed.

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

me gusta

20. YaosDirtyStache

I bet you pitched a little tent in excitement for being the first to post this.

THEN YOUR BONER JUST GOT DEFLATED