1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier gets disrespected

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cheke64, May 10, 2012.

1. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Shane is what he is, but Amare is a first class jerk for that move. And all who approves of that move is equal to him in jerkness.

What in the hell are fans turning into?

2. Prince

Prince Member

agreed.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's pretty messed up. Worse, some people think World Peace's vicious elbow was the right thing to do because Harden flops.

4. r0Xsh0w

r0Xsh0w Member

poor battier lmao

i love shane-o drain-o but opmg this clip made me lol so hard in class hahaha!!! did he grab onto amare's shorts??

5. SunsRocketsfan

yup anyone who has played basketball knows you dont get knocked down like even defending a bigger guy... Shane FLOPPED LIKE A DOUCHE BAG b****... no respect for him at all.. cant believe he complains about others like Scola flopping when he flops like that also.. cant stand the blantant flopping.. Major Props to Stoudemire here..

6. SunsRocketsfan

Dont like stoudemire but what he did didnt hurt shane.. i cant stand the whole we are all buddies attitude that NBA players have now..

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MMgdr3obsoI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MMgdr3obsoI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Doesn't have to be buddies. He could have just walked away. That's just so juvenile. Dick move. That said, Shane took it quite well by grabbing his shorts. :grin:

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Amare is soo cool sitting at home watching Shane in the 2nd round.

10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Sitting at home watching the playoffs doesn't seem so bad.

11. HombreDeHierro

As a Knicks fan I'd be very disappointed

So what if he flopped? Amare needs to be the bigger man considering he is the "2nd star"

He needs to ****in act like it and stop being a huge baby

You posters saying he did the right thing are probably just as childish as he is

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Amare is a funny dude

13. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

Shane Battier is not the dumba@$ that cut his hand slamming a fire extinguisher door. Instead he is going to be playing for, and in all likelihood winning, a championship.

Enjoy mediocrity for the rest of your short NBA life Amare.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It is worse, but it's not relatable here because Amare didn't do anything malicious. Dick move, but it's the kind of jerk store move that those indifferent to either player would laugh at. Like Artest throwing Ariza's shoe away or Popp fouling Shaq right after a tipoff, or Mcgee launching the game ball into the upper deck. Condeming this as being a huge baby? It was a half second thing that happened after the whistle and nobody got hurt.

And Shane's only going to exploit it (flopping on lesser and lesser contact) even more. He knows he'll get the calls because of his reputation as a smart defender and because of his uniform. He'll be a shorter wrinkle headed Varejao pretty soon.

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I like Shane, but he did flop there, so I'm ok with Amare's move, heh.

16. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I don't think he flopped so much as overemphesized that he had that position first. Same thing happened last night with Reggie Evans. You can do two things, battle for position, or stand your ground and let him knock you down...

That was incredibly disrespectful though, to put your hand out to help someone up, and then take it away. Never liked Amare, just another reason not to.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Amar'e visibly pushed off...Battier did flop on the fall, but there was enough push from Amar'e for a ref to call that.

They 'll both probably brush off the incident. I dont think it was a big deal to begin with, if Battier felt grabbing his shorts wouldn't tick off Amar'e, and it didn't.

18. Dei

Dei Member

I would've kicked the crap out of someone who touched me without permission.

Problem with Shane is that he never got angry.

19. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I bet if he did that to Nowitzki, everyone would be patting Amare on the back. :grin:

20. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

HE MAD BRO HE MAD HAHAHAHA